4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

2005 rodeo Denver 4jh1 smoking problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rkuk99

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 19:47    Post subject: 2005 rodeo Denver 4jh1 smoking problem Reply with quote

Hi lads, wondering if anyone can shed a light on a problem I’m at the end of my tether with. All started in 2015 when my rodeo blew its engine, catastrophic bottom end failure. During inspection at the time was blue smoking badly but the smoke was stinking of diesel. Just put it down to the bottom end being gone at the time really.
Now, finally 3 years later have sourced an engine for her and dumped it in her, great I thought, here we go....fired her up and walaa.... blue smoke stinking of diesel just like before.
So... narrowed down to a fuelling problem. Changed, coolant temp sensor, throttle position sensor, high pressure VP44 fuel pump, 4 brand new injectors, Maf sensor and even had the ecm away for testing but all is well apparently.
So now I have finally discovered that if it’s run with the maf unplugged there is no smoke whatsoever, runs a lot smoother aswell. Maf has been changed for a brand new one though.
Also have discovered a receipt in the service history for a Superchips remap back in 2013 but surely can’t be that as it’s done 20k Miles since. I’m actually stumped now so any help would be much appreciated. Am clearly thinking there’s an under lieing fault somewhere which has caused the engine to fail in the first place aswell. Clearly overfuelling.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 19:47    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

got to be the map i would think, you used to be able to get a prodrive kit for them through isuzu which was a piggyback ecu not a new map put on the old ecu
Rkuk99

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

But surely that would have shown a fault before now since it’s done 20000 miles since then?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: