QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

rally radio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Radio communications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rallymarshall

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 20:21    Post subject: rally radio Reply with quote

does any1 on here do it, looking at getting into it, (rally radio operates on 81mhz and you have to be in an msa reg club to use it),
thinking thats its better to sit in the car all day with the radio than standing outside in the wet Smile being a rally marshal

65 vauxhall mokka 1.6cdti 4x4 se
66 vauxhall corsa vxr
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 20:21    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

The Laird

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 0:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

** post contains unsuitable picture - content removed by admin **
rallymarshall

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

rally radio has always been on 81mhz, you dont need a licence for the setup as its only rally traffic that uses this frequency, supposed to be good for about 40 mile but you can only get the sets from the motor sport association or an msa approved club, you can listen on a scanner but some of it is encrypted

65 vauxhall mokka 1.6cdti 4x4 se
66 vauxhall corsa vxr
The Laird

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once marshalled at an RAC rally. It was a closed rally held at the GM/Vauxhall test track at
Millbrook in Bedfordshire. As I was working there as a test driver and my wife was at the time a qualified industrial
First aider, I was able to do marshalling! We used the site radio system to control everything.
my job was to ensure that the radios were in the right place at the right time, with spare batteries.
Good fun.   Access all areas!!   Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Radio communications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: