QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

DMQ's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Murphman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 17:50    Post subject: DMQ's Reply with quote

Hello Guys

Just wondering how many of the shooters on here have done or are doing their DMQ just now. I have just got my level 2 portfolio and cant wait to get it filled in. I know a lot of old hands will say its just another money making scheme  Mad . which it probably is! but unfortunately it seems to be a neccessary evil, as most of the organisations who control the stalking land are asking for it if you want to hold a lease  Confused .

all the best

Murph
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 17:50    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

bogtrotter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi did level one years ago not done level two, yes it is a money making thing look at how much it has gone up in the last few years was about £90 to do level one ten years ago now its getting close to £400

More to the point have you seen  what dcs has put to the Scottish gov. If it becomes law and there is good chance that it will only people approved  by them will be allowed to stalk on their own. so will have to sit another test or be accompanied by some one approved by them [ they don't think DMQ is enough of a qualification]

I have nothing against education but think its now going to far in the last few years have had to do more courses than in the rest of my life as a self employed professional stalker must keep up with all the latest rules so done professional stalkers course on Rhum 1987 Dmq 1 had to do health and safety course, meat handling course ,ATV course, first aid course, as I take out paying clients need to do risk assesment, its all becoming to much does it make me a better stalker I dont think so.
Murphman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 20:27    Post subject: DCS Reply with quote

I think the DCS have their own agenda with the proposals they have made. I think they are trying to go down the route that you have to be on a national list of "qualified" persons in able to carry out any deer shooting. really what I think the are trying to do is save their own jobs and get all the stalking for themselves. On saying that the rest of the organisations are no better, as I believe the BDS are thinking along the same lines. I have to agree with you that there is definately a need for education. there are a number of numpties around that makes you wonder how they ever got their FAC.

Another thing that really gets my gander up is the way all the bloody police forces and FEO's interpret the home office guidance in a way that suits there own cause. which I firmly believe is to get all guns off the  streets and out of the hands of the public. It is getting more and more common for people who have had  their FAC for years to get refused variations for other calibres without having access to the larger species of deer. As I see it if you are fit to hold a deer legal calibre then why not any deer legal calibre.

Time to get off the soap box now Laughing  Laughing

Murph
The Laird

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an ex soldier, and weapons instuctor, I believe the most dangerous weapons users out there ARE the police.
The only other group were the farmers ( in our area anyway, Bedfordshire) who hade obtained there licence because dad had one.
Training was missing and safety atrocious.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other interests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: