4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

recall today

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bogtrotter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 13:20    Post subject: recall today Reply with quote

Just got a letter in the post this morning recall to check seriel numbers on my 3.0 injectors, they were done under recall at 65000 vehicle now at 14000 with no problems.

Couple of questions  wont they have a record of the seriel numbers at last recall, now that I have had the notice how long have I got to have the check done not easy at the moment as working away from home only home at weekends, IM have sent a list of dealers that they approve to do the work done none of which I used before, my local dealer not on the list I know that if the injectors need changed Izsuzu will foot the bill but can the dealer charge for the inspection.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 13:20    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Mork_77
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

No they will not charge to inspect them as the purpose of the recall is for them to check.
dab
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 16:18    Post subject: Re: recall today Reply with quote

bogtrotter wrote:
Just got a letter in the post this morning recall to check seriel numbers on my 3.0 injectors, they were done under recall at 65000 vehicle now at 14000 with no problems.

Couple of questions  wont they have a record of the seriel numbers at last recall, now that I have had the notice how long have I got to have the check done not easy at the moment as working away from home only home at weekends, IM have sent a list of dealers that they approve to do the work done none of which I used before, my local dealer not on the list I know that if the injectors need changed Izsuzu will foot the bill but can the dealer charge for the inspection.

DAB.
Were your injectors replaced under recall less than 2 years ago?
Apparently, if more than 2 years, no foc replacement!
Cheers, D.
markymoan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they will, its a recall on a faulty batch of injectors  Wink
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 16:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

markymoan wrote:

DAB.
Thanks for that. Interesting.
My car was inspected around 12/14 weeks ago and I was advised that it was "due" a replacement set. Dealer has been chased by me to find out what's happening, and mentioned heavy backlog was cause of delay.
Then I read (misread?) info from Eithan which I took to mean that any injectors over 2 years old were not being considered for foc replacement. I assumed I would not be getting new injectors, courtesy of Isuzu.
Hopefully I'm wrong?
Need to re-read Eithan's post.
dab
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

dab wrote:
markymoan wrote:

DAB.
Thanks for that. Interesting.
My car was inspected around 12/14 weeks ago and I was advised that it was "due" a replacement set. Dealer has been chased by me to find out what's happening, and mentioned heavy backlog was cause of delay.
Then I read (misread?) info from Eithan which I took to mean that any injectors over 2 years old were not being considered for foc replacement. I assumed I would not be getting new injectors, courtesy of Isuzu.
Hopefully I'm wrong?
Need to re-read Eithan's post.

DAB.
Here it is. Still reading as I originally thought!

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 19:22    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well i have officially heard that if your injectors are over 2 years old they will no longer be replaced foc by isuzu
markymoan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 16:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

They used to replace all faulty injectors, now its only ones that are in the faulty batch(failed or not) or faulty ones under two years old under warrenty.
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

markymoan wrote:
They used to replace all faulty injectors, now its only ones that are in the faulty batch(failed or not) or faulty ones under two years old under warrenty.

DAB.
Cheers. That does indeed clarify the position. Guess I should get on blower again to my local dealer (Isuzu that is, nothing sinister!).
dab
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

dab wrote:
markymoan wrote:

DAB.
Cheers. That does indeed clarify the position. Guess I should get on blower again to my local dealer (Isuzu that is, nothing sinister!).

DAB (again)

Just did that very thing, and hey presto! Result!

"You know Sir, we were just talking about you today. Your ears must have been ringing" (More than my phone has been doing .... June was when Trooper went in for injector check!).

To cut to the chase: Dealer must have mislaid my "details", but car now booked in for replacement injectors on 19th November.

I'm glad I posted on this "recall" item; I'd assumed, wrongly, that I fell in to the over 2 years ago category and had just given up on calling the dealer.
Thanks again for what has proved to be very valuable info. Again just demonstrates the great benefits of this club, and the insights of the "gurus".
scj103
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just had the recall notice too.  Im guessing this is just a question of knowing the serial numbers that will need replacing, or not replacing?  Is there any way we can know what that is, as I really dont want to have to run the 'Suzy' to the nearest dealer...its quite an effort, and I could just whip the rocker cover off and read off the serial numbers?

Cheers for your thoughts guys...
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

i.m need to know what the serial no.s are hence it has to go to a dealer,

isuzu are still doing checks on injectors for free and if they are below the cut off point they will be replaced foc, if they are above then they are left alone.

if you get a missfire and it turns out to be an injector faulty then the dealer will ask isuzu for goodwill to change them, if they were replaced over 2 years ago then it seems they don't replace them anymore and it will be down to the customer to buy an injector from a dealer. if they were done under 2 years ago then it seems they change them foc.

at the end of the day though it's down to goodwill, isuzu have been doing this for a long time now and i don't blame them for starting to wind it up
scj103
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 23:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

the question is, if I provide the serial numbers of the injectors to a dealer, can they tell me if they fall into the need to repair?
Tam1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had my trooper for 3 years and thats me just getting a letter for the injector recall the letter says that they will also do any other recall work that is outstanding but my worry is this is my 3rd engine  (that i have replaced) so will i still get the work done for free ?
cheers Tam
scj103
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure the check will be free, and then it will depend on whether the injector serial numbers are ones that are in the range...if they are not, they wont replace them. If they are, then whatever vehicle the engine is in, they would have to replace them, so I cant see why not...but then im not from IM!  Very Happy
Zoe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 22:15    Post subject: Newbie recall help Reply with quote

Hi there, i recently bought a trooper R reg 3.1TD citation...after having a nosey around this site im slightly worried i may have bought something thats going to cause me future problems. Although nothing seems to be wrong with car at the moment, after reading a few posts about recalls im not sure if my car fall into this catagory ? If it does how do i go about checking if its had recall work done or if it needs to be done. Any help or general info about this type of car would be much appreciated  Zoe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: