Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

engine swap experts?please read

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry forgot to ask.....isnt the voltage different?or do i have to give it a feed from the 2.8 pump before it enters the ecu? thanks bryan
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

drakey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the rev counter work in the end , iwill be picking my 3.0 up tomorow i am hoping i have as much luck as you did with my conversion. I am going to put a3.1 in mine so the DMF might be a hassle,so any info will be most welcome.
bigb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 16:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

i havent bothered trying to figure out the rev counter,it really doesnt bother me so havent looked into it.the dmf isnt a problem,it works perfedtly bolted up to my 2.8 used with the 3.0 gearbox. thanks bryan
richard wilkinson

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

thinking 2.8 is the better option made a phone call yesterday 2.8 using 3l clutch and fly wheel bolts strait up not sure how the 3.1 woud work wth 3.0 gearbox
rallymarshall

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

2.8 prob better on fuel

65 vauxhall mokka 1.6cdti 4x4 se
66 vauxhall corsa vxr
bigb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

they both bolt straight up,the bellhousing connector plate has to be removed from the 3.0 engine and swapped with the one from the 2.8 or 3.1,its just bolted to the block(not sure if you would even have to with the 3.1)the clutch and duel mass flywheel from the 3.0 then bolts straight onto the 2.8 or 3.1(same bolt pattern)and everything works as it did with your 3.0. i went for the 2.8 as i had a tf pickup with that engine and i didnt have to lift the bonnet,also i picked up a mot failure 2.8 frontera for 200 quid which was cheaper than an engine to buy,plus you get to see it running.you dont have to be a mechanic,as long as you can use a spanner it is easy enough done.
bigb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

forgot to add,the 3.0 spiggot bearing has to be used with the clutch/gearbox setup too obviously
drakey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well im about to do the conversion myself so be ready to be pestered by me, i am now taking the 3.0 out at the moment and have 3.1 all lined up to go in so all the big bits are sorted .
drakey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

O M G how tight are the bell hosing bolts, the last three at the top i am not looking forward to at all,ill try to drop the engine forward to give me more space.
bigb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

the top bellhousing bolts were the worst part of the conversion,i ended up bending the neck on a ring spanner and using that,a series of extensions can be used over the top of the gearbox too,but you need an extra pair of hands to guide it on and hold on the nut(remember take off the slave cylinder too).once you have the engine out,do all the jobs i have mentioned on this thread before fitting as it will save loads of time.the release bearing needs clipped onto the clutch assembly before refitting engine,then it clips onto the clutch fork when engine mates to gearbox,its clear to see when you remove the 3.0.mind connect a wire to the fuel pump stop solenoid when engine is out as this is a nightmare when engine is in,make it a few feet long to connect to your desired ignition live(i used the wiper motor feed in engine bay)also change over the oil pressure switches from 3.0 to 3.1 while engine is out and it will plug back in to the loom and work as normal. good luck and anything i can help you with,just ask.cheers bryan
ubs69

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

how did you manage the alternator wiring?
drakey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 23:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finnished the bolts what a ******* nightmare hat off to the lads that work for isuzu they must have been put on with a air gun.You really could lose the plot with those 17mm bolts,anyway thanks Bigb for your imput.
bigb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you look back the threads on this post,there is a guide of everything i did,including the alternator wiring.it is simple enough,only 1 of the two from the 3.0 alt plug needs used to put the dash lights on and make the alt charge.thanks bryan
drakey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well tommorow i will be starting tne conversion ,i have a low milage motor ready to go in, old 3.0 out and loads of info from you guys lets hope all goes well,
drakey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well tommorow i will be starting tne conversion ,i have a low milage motor ready to go in, old 3.0 out and loads of info from you guys lets hope all goes well,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: