2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

MOAN

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dogfish

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 17:02    Post subject: MOAN Reply with quote

HI
FIRST OF ALL I WOULD LIKE TO MENTION HOW HELPFULL THIS SITE IS AND ALL TECHIES AND TROOPER GODS AND GURUS MAKE IT SO,WELL TO DATE I HAVE POSTED TWO OR THREE QUESTIONS ON HERE AND HAVE HAD VERY GOOD ADVICE ITS JUST A SHAME THAT THE DEALER TAKES NO NOTICE ,THE PROBLEMS ALL STEM FROM THE INJECTOR RECALL AND LACK OF KNOWLEDGE FROM THE DEALER ( HE ADMITS HE HAS NO CLUE WITH TECH 2 RECORDED INFO)SO IF YOUR TRUCK RUNS WELL BEWARE IT CAN ALL GO WRONG,PLEASE SEARCH USING MY USERNAME TO CHECK OUT WHAT I MEAN,BEFORE CHRISSY I TOOK THE TRUCK IN FOR THE 7TH TIME AT 85 MILE ROUND TRIP (CHECKED ODO THAT BIT WORKS),AND AS THE DEALER CLOSED HIS DOORS UNTIL JAN 4TH AND ISUZU DONT SEEM THAT INTERESTED TO SORT THIS OUT I AM AT PRESENT A BIT PEED OFF WITH THE LOT OF THEM,THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHS NOW AND I CANNOT SEE AN END TO IT ,HAVE HAD USUAL THINGS CHECKED AND CHANGED TO NO AVAIL ,WELL I FEEL A BIT BETTER NOW FOR HAVING A MOAN AND IF GRIBBLE AND THA GURU GANG HAVE ANY FURTHER THOUGHTS PLEASE LET ME KNOW,REGARDS AND HAVE A GOOD 2010.NEIL. Wink
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 17:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Gribble

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest its time to go to Cotswolds Isuzu , seems there is a fair isuzu tech works there  Wink
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gribble wrote:
To be honest its time to go to Cotswolds Isuzu , seems there is a fair isuzu tech works there  Wink

Ditto... thumbleft
dogfish

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 21:41    Post subject: repy to my moaning session Reply with quote

hi gribble
you are poss correct,however the distance is a problem and this dealer has mucked it up and i would like to press the issue with them to try and get it fixed,poss with izusu been involved ,i dont see why after a simple job for a main dealer which they muffed big style they should walk away scott free.
i will poss ask them to take the truck to isuzu for a fix what do you think.thanks again and regards.
Gribble

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm . Well its seems that Mr Dealer can not or will not do the necessary diagnostic work to fix your car so it might be in there a long time  , if thats the case  do you need it ?

I dont think there is an Isuzu as such its dealers and suchlike but some dealers are plainly better better than others .

If you go to Cotswolds your car will be fixed and in a reasonable time , I see your point with the current dealer but as we say in Hampshire ' yerm carnt edukate pork '
Or as Robbo  might put it -
When the disposition of your  posterior is under threat  by amphibious  carnivores the purpose  of the original irrigation contract may seem somewhat difficult to remember .
rallymarshall

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gribble wrote:
'
When the disposition of your  posterior is under threat  by amphibious  carnivores the purpose  of the original irrigation contract may seem somewhat difficult to remember .

has ye swallowed a dictionary Laughing  Wink

65 vauxhall mokka 1.6cdti 4x4 se
66 vauxhall corsa vxr
dogfish

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 22:39    Post subject: grumble forum Reply with quote

hi
yes i do agree however this dealer i believe has made a few mistakes ie when he supposedly recalibrated the rail sensor and ropcv he did not release pressure so readings poss out,he did also tell me rail sensor did not need calibration, readings up to the last one all taken in car park not on the run,also
he told me that he had remapped the ecu so if any of these components are faulty then it is down to him to fix also after oil/derv pickup he did not replace oil or air filters which had oil in it.so i believe whatever  i have a good case against this dealer,they also told me data was been sent to isuzu uk and after phoning the help line /cust serv they told me data would be sent to the training facility for inspection the only worry i have as i did demo both faults succesfully is that the techie struggled to use the tech 2 unit,he also said the man who could help had left the company,i cant wait for this to end .
dogfish

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 22:40    Post subject: grumble to gribble Reply with quote

oops i forgot to say thanks.Neil.
Wirdy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 0:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, it seems, your experience is not uncommon.

The next time you pass a Subaru / Isuzu dealer - park up and walk around the back.  I'd love to have a pound for every time I've seen a Trooper parked up with the boot area filled with various disassembled engine bits probably awaiting the one tech who knows how to fix them while he's on holiday.

There was a green SWB behind Cupar Isuzu for months - anyone's on here?
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gribble wrote:
Umm . Well its seems that Mr Dealer can not or will not do the necessary diagnostic work to fix your car so it might be in there a long time  , if thats the case  do you need it ?

I dont think there is an Isuzu as such its dealers and suchlike but some dealers are plainly better better than others .

If you go to Cotswolds your car will be fixed and in a reasonable time , I see your point with the current dealer but as we say in Hampshire ' yerm carnt edukate pork '

Most succinct Mr G,couldna put better mesen... Laughing
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wirdy wrote:
Sadly, it seems, your experience is not uncommon.

The next time you pass a Subaru / Isuzu dealer - park up and walk around the back.  I'd love to have a pound for every time I've seen a Trooper parked up with the boot area filled with various disassembled engine bits probably awaiting the one tech who knows how to fix them while he's on holiday.

There was a green SWB behind Cupar Isuzu for months - anyone's on here?

Know what you mean Wirdy,at my nearest dealer,I pop in quite regular as it has a good country store,A particularly striking light green metallic X reg 3.0 was there for months,when asking,shrugs of shoulders and "It dont go"....Bloke who owned put it thru the scrappage scheme and got a new Rodeo...
Wonder how many have gone this way  Question   Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad
dogfish

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 16:13    Post subject: last chance saloon Reply with quote

hi
i am just keeping all posted with latest developments i contacted the dealer and isuzu today as the truck is worse, i will not accept this is not due to the derv oil /contamination pickup it ran perfectley until then , i have agreed to book it in again on thur for a fri slot and will not accept it back until its right as i believe its dangerous on the road at the mo,latest manifestation is it now starts at 2000 rpm whilst standing outside of cab it does sie down to 925 rpm not 750 its also not slowing down on occasion
not good in traffic.isuzu now suggest that it may be the ecu well as the dealer remapped it it is down to them.
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 16:52    Post subject: Re: last chance saloon Reply with quote

dogfish wrote:
hi
i am just keeping all posted with latest developments i contacted the dealer and isuzu today as the truck is worse, i will not accept this is not due to the derv oil /contamination pickup it ran perfectley until then , i have agreed to book it in again on thur for a fri slot and will not accept it back until its right as i believe its dangerous on the road at the mo,latest manifestation is it now starts at 2000 rpm whilst standing outside of cab it does sie down to 925 rpm not 750 its also not slowing down on occasion
not good in traffic.isuzu now suggest that it may be the ecu well as the dealer remapped it it is down to them.

Just read your post,and tried to pick one of my local dealers brains....ECU remap,unlikely  Exclamation There does seem to be a lack of knowledge of this engine amonst certain dealers,I've just been told ORPS does not need coding in  Shocked  amongst otherthings  Exclamation
I think your best bet is,after your dealer has made his diagnosis,don't let him touch it (if feasable) untill you've posted on here.
This may seem a bit long winded,but there is more knowledge on here than a lot of dealers have,With one glaringly obvious exception(Hi  wave )
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Oh My  Exclamation
Just called the dealer who fitted my engine 2 years ago,ORPS, no dosn't need coding  Exclamation

Note to Mr G if you read this expect a pm,Tech II probably needed on Robbo's truck... Rolling Eyes
dogfish

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 17:12    Post subject: thank goodness for this site/forum and all trooper gurus Reply with quote

hi
thank you for you reply i will ask if the dealer can keep me informed, and i will post as soon as poss, hopefully before its made any worse,once again thanks for the interest and i hope all my postings give fellow numpty trooper owners food for thought before they allow dealers loose on their  vehicle hopefully it will result in more happy drivers and less people having to pester you gurus .regards Neil. notworthy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: