All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Alpha Batteries - MIA ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Parts Suppliers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aduncan
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 17:56    Post subject: Alpha Batteries - MIA ? Reply with quote

Anyone else here tried to use Alpha Batteries?
Before the real cold snap we are having I notice the cold evenings killing off my Batteries so thought I would look here first. Alpha are recommend / affiliated / discounted.

I placed an order for two Batteries, selecting the Trooper by their drop down menu of car options to choose 2 x Platinum 334 Car Battery and waited for my 24 hr delivery. £139.98

4 days later they arrived.   Rolling Eyes

So. On to fitting them. They looked a little bigger than the 069's in place. Oh well the ones I had may be wrong un's - they looked a bit cheap and cheerful and a leftover from the previous owner.

The Drivers side fitted OK. the Passenger side one ...... Confused  too big for the cage / tray.
Evil or Very Mad

I rang up to get them returned -this took two days for the phone to be answered, and finally a helpful girl said she would order collection and give me packaging labels.
This was 18th December.

Batteries are still here.  Rolling Eyes

Again I have tried ringing and either you go round in circles and / or mailbox full !
I just want my sodding money back.

I went to a local AutoFactors, got 2 Lucas Batteries with 5yr Guarantees  for £129   Cool

To be honest I am a little disappointed with the Alpha Batteries 'we' are affiliated to.

Too Expensive
Too Elusive
Send wrong items
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 17:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

2troopers

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 16:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just replaced batteries on both of mine.
Excellent service with the Bosch 334 for the 2.8 - delivered next day before 08:00.
Web site drop down specified correct battery.
However the website still specified 2 x 334 for the 3.1 - this is incorrect as already stated in the previous post.
I called Alpha and agreed the correct batteries are type 072 - they fit perfectly in both carriers.
Delivery time for these was delayed but they called to let me know and they were delivered as promised.
Batteries were very well packaged and delivered in good condition.
Wirdy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had similar problems with Alpha - but TBH it was their carriers fault for mishandling TWO lots of batteries which were then returned to Alpha before even getting to me.

I can't falt the friendly lass who deals with the irate customers, she is always helpful, but I advised them to ditch DHL as their carrier because they're $hit.  I had to buy elsewhere and get a refund.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Parts Suppliers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: