4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

BANG!!!!! OH WHAT NOW, AAHHHHHHH YOU C---

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bodywork, trim, fixtures & fittings ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sweeney

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 21:02    Post subject: BANG!!!!! OH WHAT NOW, AAHHHHHHH YOU C--- Reply with quote

A big van from malvern tyres whacked into my troop whilst it was parked outside my house. bloody black ice AGAIN.  i collared the driver and got all the details needed.

now a guy from the firms office has rang asking me to get some quotes because he'd prefer to sort it without  the insurance getting involved because their premiums will go through the roof.
first garage had a brief look and said he'll do it for £1,050,   second garage actually bothered to lift the bonnet and saw that the headlamp housing is smashed so needs replacing also and has sent me a quote of £1300 plus vat.

it suits me not to bother with insurance because i don't want them righting it off and fobbing me off with a silly settlement,  BUT looking at these quotes i'm wondering if this firm will want to pay this much up or just opt for insurance to cover it,   " i mean would there insurance be affected that much that they'd  still want to sort it privatly" ?  
what do you think?  i haven't sent malvern tyres any quotes yet, i want to be cautious.  the wife wrecked our other car on newyears eve and i can't afford to lose another to the robbing insurance company.     any suggestions. ???    Confused

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 21:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

badendesigns
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would send the quote. You've got nothing to lose just yet. If they don't go for it you could always source the parts yourself and fit them then get them to pay for the parts and the touch up on the paint or respray of the front. Probably be the cheaper way.

79 XS1100

82 XS1100 midnight

87 454 LTD

Lovin it!!!!!

Wear sunscreen

LTM 000103
cowman
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a wing a side light  and a headlight ,and i know a good bodyshop that is reasonable if you are interested
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a wing a side light  and a headlight ,and i know a good bodyshop that is reasonable if you are interested
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol

79 XS1100

82 XS1100 midnight

87 454 LTD

Lovin it!!!!!

Wear sunscreen

LTM 000103
:::Matski:::
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah send the quote. One point, would it be a good idea to log the incident with your insurers anyway? You don't have to take it further but it would be on paper then...
Suckin' Diesel Baby!

The Laird

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't rule out going down the insurance route.   They want to setle it 'out of court'.......Are they actualy insured?
If you were parked and the bumped you, 'Phone the insurance company. You should not lose any NCB. It was not your fault.
I had my P reg Volvo940 damaged by a passing transit and trailer. I had to get the police to get the details for me.
The insurance company mended my car, supplied me with a replacement estate (new Jaguar X type) and sorted all the problems with payment.

Once you have got it repaired will they foot the bill?  All of it?  Without question? Supply a car whilst yours is being repaired?
It is what you pay your insurance company to do for you. His insurance excess is not your reponsibility.
You are not taking advantage, all you are expecting is to be repaired and refunded back to the position you were in before the 'accident'.
sweeney

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 22:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowman wrote:

good,  might be seeing you again,   i'll keep you in mind .  sending pm, Wink  Very Happy  did i tell you what a great job you've done on your motor,  Very Happy

@matski + badendesigns,  agreed i will send quotes in but i'll see if i can get any cheaper ones,.  my insurance were informed within the hour and they have been onto malvern tyres about it.  i asked my insurance company if they had the buy it back option and they said yes, if they did get involved and the repairs were over 60% of cars value then it would be a right off, if i bought it back i would have to pay a release fee and get any repairs  v.i.c checked and a fresh mot before i could put it back on the road.

i'll see if i can get any better quotes and maybe supply the parts as bedendesigns suggested.

cheers.

sweeney

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 23:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Laird wrote:
Don't rule out going down the insurance route.   They want to setle it 'out of court'.......Are they actualy insured?
If you were parked and the bumped you, 'Phone the insurance company. You should not lose any NCB. It was not your fault.
I had my P reg Volvo940 damaged by a passing transit and trailer. I had to get the police to get the details for me.
The insurance company mended my car, supplied me with a replacement estate (new Jaguar X type) and sorted all the problems with payment.

Once you have got it repaired will they foot the bill?  All of it?  Without question? Supply a car whilst yours is being repaired?
It is what you pay your insurance company to do for you. His insurance excess is not your reponsibility.
You are not taking advantage, all you are expecting is to be repaired and refunded back to the position you were in before the 'accident'.

---------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------
yes laird,  i'd love to leave it to the insurers but i can't see them forking out 1500 quid to repair a 94 monterey.  this is the oldest motor i've ever had but by far my favourite and its top spec and been well looked after. 97000 kilometres on clock,    what if they right it off?          whats it worth?       what are they gonna offer me for it?
i'm not sure what to do at the moment.

The Laird

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Volvo was valued at £1000.  The cost to THIER insurance was in excess of £2000. Remember, Your insurance is not paying, thiers is.
The insurance company has to return you to the position you were in before the accident. If the insurance company wants to write it off, 1, I would be
very suprised, and 2, you can say No, don't repair it, I will sort it. It is YOUR car not thiers. They will only take it off you if you agree to what they offer.
Basicaly, if they buy it off you.
Gribble

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 23:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put the reg of the van into the MID - motor insurers database online  that will tell you if they are insured ,ok its asks if you own the car but its worth it for peace of mind .

If they are not and stalling for time then you know where you are .
The Laird

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are fully comp, I assume you are, It is all down to the other persons insurance to pay.
Not yours. Your insurance  now takes on the role of 'prosecutor' and 'accuses' the other side.
Your insurance sorts your car, provides a temporary replacement of equal quality, ( another 4x4) and then sues, if nessesary,
to reclaim the dosh from the other parties insurance. The only thing I had to pay up front was the insurance waiver for the Jaguar.
About £30.  Refunded from the insurance.
Mine is all sorted as far as I'm concerned. But the insurance company is having a few problems with Liverpool and Victoria
insurance. That is not my problem. That is what I have paid my insurace company to do.
Incidentaly, I have just got my renewal through.  £136.89.  Fully comp. 70% ncd.  Mk1 trooper. 1990. 2.8td.    Co-operative insurance.
Same insurance I had with the Volvo.
sweeney

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gribble wrote:
Put the reg of the van into the MID - motor insurers database online  that will tell you if they are insured ,ok its asks if you own the car but its worth it for peace of mind .

If they are not and stalling for time then you know where you are .

Wink i'll check that out in the morning.

@laird,   thanks for the info, and yes i am fullycomp.

Philp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a quote for new parts etc, find out how much it'll cost you to do it with secondhand parts, give the original higher quote to them, then split the difference and tell them you'll take cash and get it sorted yourself with used parts and you'll end up with a few quid for your trouble.  

I had a bloke go up my chuff in my old dolomite years ago, his insurance company decided it was beyond economic repair, gave me the £300 quid they said it was worth, it cost me £20 and a trip to the scrappies to repair the damage.  Of course this was before all this daft Cat A, B ,C write off rubbish.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
badendesigns
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had someone hit my mini at 5 mph in the rear while it was parked. The insurance company said they would write it off cos the mural on the boot was scratched. Cheapest quote was over 800 quid. I told the guy to give me 200 as I had done the mural myself. It cost me 30 quid in all and he kept his no claims. Everyone was happy.

79 XS1100

82 XS1100 midnight

87 454 LTD

Lovin it!!!!!

Wear sunscreen

LTM 000103
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bodywork, trim, fixtures & fittings ... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: