QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Wish me luck

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an aside the number plate is a wierd one as its illegal if it cannot be read by an ANPR camera ... how many testing stations carry one of those to test with.

And again another failure on headlamp aim. Between the missus and I we have had three failures on MOTS on headlamp aim (one of them was the same car twice and the same garage adjusted it, though they didn't charge me for a re-test or adjustment). However I am hearing this failure again and again all over the place by loads of people.

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 21:31    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

markymoan

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the number plate just had to be read by a person stood 20M away and be of correct size and spacing  Confused
Most around here take the 'its good enough' attitude to headlamp aim but there is one thats mustard, he failed a mini (old one) over and over on either aim or beam pattern, then failed it because he couldnt lock the rear brakes  Rolling Eyes
You can never lock the rear brakes on a mini.
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 7:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ANPR camera has to be able to read the plates now. Otherwise you could break a law or something. Same as spacing now I'm afraid. It's normally fairly easy to tell if a plate is ANPR readable by the background of it. It's a silly law but also a sensible one. Keeping speed down is very important. Especially with kids running out in front of cars. Green Cross Code man is needed again I think.

79 XS1100

82 XS1100 midnight

87 454 LTD

Lovin it!!!!!

Wear sunscreen

LTM 000103
Philp

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a darker bloom around the bolt hole in the plate where water's gotten in and it's started to delaminate.  Apparently theres a list of 20 things that a number plate can fail on  Shocked   Again, apparently brake pipes are very subjective, as they're not allowed to clean them otehr than a quick prod with the "inspection tool" (and thats not the bloke operating it I'm told) so if they are covered in crud but totally good underneath they can still fail them.  Headlampo aim was down to a badly fitted bulb, my fault and in the end I had to take the air filter tin out so I could get enough access to get my somewhat large paws in to refit it properly.  A few years ago they'd just have tweaked that automatically but not now.  

The funny thing is its not about jobs for the boys as when I asked them to quote for the jobs they told me they were too busy and to find somewhre else as they wouldn't be able to look at it within the retest period.  Confused

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
Philp

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 14:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just passed on a retest...woohoo, just off to the postorifice to tax it.

markymoan

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 15:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy days  Very Happy
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 15:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one fella. I think ours is probably the next on the list of MOT time. 23rd May it runs out.  Crying or Very sad

79 XS1100

82 XS1100 midnight

87 454 LTD

Lovin it!!!!!

Wear sunscreen

LTM 000103
Philp

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 16:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still not happy with the brake pedal, it still feels like it has air in it somewhere.  I might have to get hold of a mityvac and vacuum bleed it.  Still, at least its taxed and legal now.

badendesigns
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 16:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ours have always felt spongy but they work really well when stamped on in an emergency. I guess the MOT will let us know. The pads seem good though.

79 XS1100

82 XS1100 midnight

87 454 LTD

Lovin it!!!!!

Wear sunscreen

LTM 000103
The Laird

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have just put new pads in they will bed in in a week or so and feel ok. Smile
badendesigns
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 18:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've been like it since we bought it. I only noticed the pads when doing the CV boot. Which halfords supplied for our Trooper. Wrong size so have had to put one of those universal split ones on. What a pain that was. 28 quid too!!!! Fortunately a friend got a tenner discount for me. So I'm figuring the pads have to be at least 6 mths old. I've also noticed it feels like a disc is warped but when going out in another one it did the exact same thing. Just feels lumpy when slowing. Any ideas? Also noticed it needs a track rod end. It just gets better. Still got offered a steering box today for 40 quid  Very Happy  Very Happy

79 XS1100

82 XS1100 midnight

87 454 LTD

Lovin it!!!!!

Wear sunscreen

LTM 000103
Philp

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

New disks all round and new pads, I know it will improve but it does feel like it has air in as it firms up if you pump it (ooh-err missus)  Its always been a *beep* to get right so much so that after I bought it and sorted out the leak at the rear I had to put it into the main dealer to get it bled right.  Trouble is now its had a new caliper last year and now some new pipes so theres bound to be air in the thing.  I might have to have a go myself, I bet its the load valve.

badendesigns
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 8:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm hoping it doesn't go that far with us as cash is very tight right now but if it does then it does. Not looking forward to bleeding the brakes on this really. There does seem to be a lot of unnecessary stuff on these trucks unlike the MKI. Still, I think even the better half would rather spend on it now than get shot of it.

79 XS1100

82 XS1100 midnight

87 454 LTD

Lovin it!!!!!

Wear sunscreen

LTM 000103
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: