QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

overheating trooper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turton

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:19    Post subject: overheating trooper Reply with quote

My 1995 3.1 diesel trooper has decided to play up i have owned it for four years and when i first bought it the head gasket blew so we had it repaired and for the last three years its been great but the other week i towed our caravan up to church stretton and had probs with the engine getting hot it would run fine for about a hundred miles and then get too hot so i would stop and let it cool then check the level of coolant which was always low but the expantion tank was always full to the brim so i filled the rad again and off we go for another hundred miles any advice would be very welcome
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Philp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the water has to be going somewhere, so it's either leaking outsomeweher or going into the enghine via the head gasket. Check for leaks around all the pipes, waterpump, rad etc, if nothing visible then you can get the coolant checked for contamination at a good garage which will indicate a H/G problem, you could aslo have the coolling system pressure tested for leaks.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
keithj

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtonis the fan working?

keith
finky.chicken!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 18:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have not got the problem sorted yet, try filling the radiator back up then start the engine with the rad cap off if water starts spurting out then it's a good sign the head gasket has gone again as the cooling system will be pressurising.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: