QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Taking it easy

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mbw13

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:01    Post subject: Taking it easy Reply with quote

Not got very far off road yet I'm sorry to say.

Thought what the hay, post a pic anyway Smile

1988 Trooper 2.6L Petrol, assembled here in New Zealand, never left the country. 182,000Kms.

P.S: Apologies for the *beep* photos, something wrong with either the digital camera or the operator Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:01    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

dani4JB1T

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice troopie...didn´t know GM assembled Troopers there in NZ... what else they builded ??
mbw13

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to do a bit more research, but from memory we had Nissan, Mitsubishi, Isuzu, GMH - Holden, Toyota, Trekka Very Happy and Ford but don't quote me on that one. When these places were closed down slowly, many people lost their jobs, thanks to cheap 5 or 6 year old Japanese imports, although these imports drove down the cost of purchasing a car and made vehicles more accessable to people, both pros and cons. Smile
The PIG

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Nice Trooper, all the chrome looks very nice, especially the bumper-I'd have loved a bumper like that on my old one.
You just cleaned that?-The wheels look in good condition
mbw13

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd cleaned it about 2 weeks before taking the photo Smile

Will get in and give the interior a real good clean up over summer, also the black rubber protection pads on the drivers side need to be re-glued as they are pulling away from the panel work slightly in some areas. It's been looked after very well by the previous owners.

A little bit of rust repair to be done in the left rear corner near the weather strip. Replaced the carpet in the back cargo area, as it appears an engine has been carried in the past and leaked oil over the old carpet, had a strange smell Wink

Not many Troopers in NZ remain in this condition Crying or Very sad
dani4JB1T

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

well done mate.... looks terrific as new !!
Refering to the blue horns...I think they have to sound louder than stock one, isn´t it ??

have a nice day Smile
mbw13

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay in responding to your question, I've been flat out all week with little spare time Exclamation

As for the blue/air horns Very Happy They're much louder than the standard horn. When I bought the Trooper, the standard horn was wired up, but the air horns had been bolted on and ready to be wired up, minus the wires. So I managed to rummage around the shed and find some spare cables as you can see by the mix and match of wires Laughing .
mbw13

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

thought I'd drop a line and just say what's the go with "Blue" as my Trooper is known in the family by.

Will be fitting a brand new exhaust begining of next week, currently the one that's on there is passed it's use by date Very Happy

At the same time, new suspension bushes will be fitted as currently the existing ones are also passed there use by date.

Maybe the following week, possibly the next will be the big panel work cleanup. Rust repair and repaint in repaired areas. Also the black rubber pads up the sides will be removed, repositioned, and reglued.

Getting there slowly but surely. Smile
Paul.K

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 0:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, how do the chassis stand upto the NZ weather conditions. I have just coerced a welding friend to do some more work on my see through chassis, all solid now. If it wasn't for him then my Trooper would be going to the breakers Crying or Very sad , minus the engine, (2.8td) That would be destined for Land Rover.
Cheers
mbw13

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul

It depends on where abouts in New Zealand the vehicle is from. Some areas will never really have a winter, where others are the opposite.

I've never heard of any Isuzu's with chassis problems in New Zealand. Our weather here is not harsh. The only time a chassis will develop issues is normally when somebody drives up the beach, into the salt water without any form of prior protectant application or a good hosing down after. Smile

Went for a walk around a 4x4 Wreckers/breakers the other day. Saw quite a few Bighorns! A few had been in accidents, but the majority only had stuffed engines Exclamation

Hope this helps, sorry for the delay in responding, past few weeks have been crazy Laughing
mbw13

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thursday this week will be taking the beast to get all the rust removed and repainted over the patched areas. Metal's worst nightmare has now made a hole in the left rear top corner just under the weather strip so it's really in need of some work. Firewall also needs looking at which will all be done at the same time. Also not too sure if I should keep the black rubber strips along the side, or pull them off? Either way they need to be removed, reglued and realigned as water has been getting in behind them and the last owner has done a half *beep* job of fixing them.

While on the subject, had a drive today of a 1993 3.1L TD Bighorn with an automatic trans. Nice ride but the auto is something I'm not used to and felt a bit lost when it would take off down the hills like it was free wheeling Very Happy
mbw13

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still haven't got a quote yet from the panel beaters Exclamation

They're supposed to be pulling out the rear wagon (not door) windows to uncover the true amount of rust. The owner(s) before me have done a 5 minute patch job, and would you know, the rust returned. Firewall has rust round by the hood brackets which was a cause for concern. A few too many holes around the place on it as well. We're in spring over here so it's wet and warm. Rust spreads like wild fire at the mo Exclamation

Will post some more info as I find out. Should be in the next day or two, I hope Smile
The PIG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 15:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

you don't get Rust on troopers Laughing
mbw13

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

rust Exclamation did I say rust, oh no Trooper's don't rust, I'm just cleaning up speed holes Laughing
mbw13

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's depressing I know, had to be done, step backwards to step forwards I guess:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/mbw13/Dsc03170.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/mbw13/Dsc03169.jpg

Posted the links rather then the actual pics, didn't want to jam up this thread with too many photos Smile Excludes pics of the other side, rust is just on the window sill join, not as bad as the other side thankfully Exclamation

The Story:
Went to the panel beaters today for a look, panel beaters advice. Rust Kill all over the place, waiting on sheet metal for a large hole and the wether strip sheet is stuffed, apply body filler, repaint, wack all the chrome stuff and badges back on, home Wink Can't wait!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: