Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Fault code P1631 on 2001 isuzu trooper 4jx1 3.0d

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigalrhino

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:11    Post subject: Fault code P1631 on 2001 isuzu trooper 4jx1 3.0d Reply with quote

I put my car into mcalister fuel injection in castelcary just outside glasgow as the car was coughing and spluttering, the car was running when i put it in, they done various tests had the car running a1 then over night the car immobilised itself never to be started again, they had done stuff with the ecu, orps and reset all sensors to default setting bypassed fuel filter which made no difference,they also sent my ecu down south to get reconed and it was returned with no fault found, they then passed my vehicle on to westfield mechanical solutions where as far as i'm aware they done nothing to the car, i called them last monday to say i was removing my car to take it to isuzu as they could not deal with it until the thursday, later on the monday they called back to say they could deal with it on the tuesday at a cost of £250 for reprogramming the alarm system and keys, a couple of days later i was told they needed more time as they were waiting on code's from isuzu uk and he slipped up by saying once they get the codes it will only take half an hour!!! i called the nearest isuzu dealer to the car and queried them about reprogramming the alarm sytem and was quoted about half hour's labour, as the converstion transpired it turned out they had my car since TUESDAY.

sorry it's long winded folks just trying to give you a clear picture as to what's been going on.

isuzu now have my car and the problem is the fault code P1631 which is the immobiliser, in all the manuals and isuzu uk technical have no record of this code and how to rectify it they have spent one and a half hours on it so far and i have authorised another three hours fault finding, i'm also in discussion with my wife as what to do next do i give them a further two hours if they draw a blank or do i call it quits and break the vehicle for parts as i have spent a small fortune on it since i bought it, i would much rather have the car working so i can at least get some use out of it. please help by the way it's a 2001 isuzu trooper 4jx1 3.0d. Evil or Very Mad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

P1631
Immobilizer Wrong Signal
ON--(MIL)
As opposed to No Signal/Not Programmed

Down to the Guru's on this one...... Embarassed
bigalrhino

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok cheers mate, do you know how to rectify?
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 13:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigalrhino wrote:
ok cheers mate, do you know how to rectify?

Havne a clue.... Rolling Eyes ....You need to wait for Eithan or Gribble.... Smile
bigalrhino

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

no probs, spoke to isuzu they have ordered a new ecu to test that.
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 13:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look here...Check Brake light fuse...

Clicky
Gribble

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh they are aving a giraffe for sure !  
TC ENGINE DRIVEABILITY AND EMISSIONS 6E–55
DTC
using a
Tech 2
Flash DTC Description MIL
P0475 71 EXH #1 VSV Circuit Open/Short —
P1475 71 EXH #2 VSV Circuit Open/Short —
P1485 74 Intake Throttle Position Sensor Low Voltage ON
P1486 74 Intake Throttle Position Sensor High Voltage ON
P1487 73 Intake Throttle System Circuit Open/Short ON
P1488 72 Intake Throttle Motor Control Circuit Signal Gap —
P0502 24 Vehicle Speed Sensor No Signal ON
P0510 75 Idle SW Malfunction, Open Circuit ON
P1510 75 Idle SW Malfunction, Short Circuit ON
P0562 35 System Voltage Too Low ON
P1562 35 System Voltage Too Low at Cranking ON
P1587 25 Brake SW Malfunction [B] —
P1588 25 Brake SW Malfunction [A] ON
P0601 55 ECM Checksum Error ON
P1626 56 Immobilizer No Signal ON
P1631 56 Immobilizer Wrong Signal ON ----------------------- As pointed out my Mr robbo
P1648 56 No Security Code Entered ON
P1649 56 Immobilizer Function not Programmed ON
P0650 77 Check Engine Lamp Circuit Open/Short —
P0654 27 Techometer Circuit Open/Short —
P1655 17 Thermo Relay Circuit Open/Short —
P1657 76 ECM Main Relay Circuit Open/Short —
P1589 47 TransMission SW Circuit Open/Short —  And this is from the Isuzu manual on line in the club so I dont think Isuzu UK have been contacted at all !

umm I have got this code up many times but what you need to have clearly from them is -Is this a present code or a not present code when seen on tech 2 ,it will be shown quite clearly on the tech 2 .
I dont know why it comes up but most times the car starts and runs ok .What it means is that the engine ECU does not 'see' the right signal from the immobiliser ECU so it wont let the engine turn over or start but it can mean the engine ECU is not sending the right answer to the immobs ECU only goin into the immob bit on a tech 2 will show this .

Now on yours the alarm system is a seperate thing to the immobiliser and to acess the immobiliser functions on tech you do need the 4 digit code from IM who do happily pass it on to the owner but from your post I get the idea that the first two garages had no tech 2 so they would be stuck ?

I would suggest that garage 'A' put a booster pack on and fried the ECU and possibly the immobiliser ECU  so it wont run .

If the check engine light flashes fast when you put the key in to ign on  then its the immob ECU or  engine ECU at fault but all these faults will be clearly shown on a tech 2
eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like somebody has wiped some info somewhere i wonder if they reset the immobiliser ecu whist they were poking around but on a tech2 it tells you that it won't start if you do this.
im sure if they just recode it all it will fire up
bigalrhino

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

i get the feeling mcalister's have wiped it, i was told by the engineer that worked on the car and also one of the managers that they reprogramed the ecu until he went on holiday, after that when i spoke to the other manager he denied that they done that saying they dont have the equipment to do it, i get the feeling they are lying!!!  and i'm the one who's having to pick up the bill from isuzu, hopefully i can link the repair to something mcalisters done so they can be told where to stick thier £140 bill.
bigalrhino

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

spoke to isuzu today, they have my car running, it seems that when the  garage put the ecu from another vehicle into mine it moved fault codes from thier vehicle onto my causing a block from ecu to sensors resulting in the failure to start, so basically the other garage f****d my motor and are trying to charge me £140 for the pleasure and my bill for isuzu is short of £500, which i'm quite happy to pay but once i have paid it i will be visiting the other garage with bill in hand looking for my money, where do you think i stand, ps i'm cosidering taking them to a small claims court if they refuse. am i right in asking for this?
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol yeah right what a load of tosh! when you move ecu's it won't start as the immobiliser ecu isn't coded to that ecu hence the immobiliser wrong signal fault code. if that ecu had faults in it they would just show up as not present and it wouldn't cause the ecu to block them. plus depending on how long the ecu was disconnected for it would wipe the memory anyway
wee billy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 20:09    Post subject: Trooper 1998 3.0D , fault code P1486 Reply with quote

Can anyone help me , My trooper is not running right , feels like no power , plugged it in to my local garage and it came up with this code (P1486 )  does anyone know what this is and how to fix ???? Rolling Eyes
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 20:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it's the throttle position sensor if you have a euro2 engine you can get just the sensor although it needs tech2 to set it up properly but if you have a euro3 then it's a new throttle body
wee billy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks for the quick reply , now for the stupid question , how do I find out if its a euro 2 or 3 engine ?? the car is a 1998 on a s reg.
and expense Rolling Eyes  ???
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a euro2 then and i.m have just had a price increase so no idea but it used to be about £47 plus vat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: