4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Just bought 99 trooper 3.0

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hunter
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 19:54    Post subject: Just bought 99 trooper 3.0 Reply with quote

Hi all new here

Ihave just bought a 99 trooper 3.0 duty it has just had a s/hand turbo fitted but it runs rough.

it's like it has a very bad miss . a mate said to phone i.m . they told me that there had not been any recall work done on it.

it needs : IZ 17
              IZ 06
              IZ 04

it's going to get work done tomorrow (09/07/10) deeler will change oil at same time .

will this cure the trucks rough running ?

is there anything else that should be done ?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 19:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

ladydriver

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the recalls are as follows:

IZ04: Replacement turbo & oil strainer
IZ06: Fitting injector sleeve backup O-ring
IZ17: Check for injectors serial numbers above certain cut off point - earlier ones should be changed

Some of them are quite old recalls so if they are still doing them FOC should be a bonus and there is a distinct possibilty some of your problems may be helped when they are done
Hunter
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 17:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again

just got phone call from dealer doing recall work to my trooper they say

All recall work is done but there is still a starting problem they took the sump off and found the oil stainer had broken

off in the sump and it will cost £155.00 to fix .

I phoned I.M to ask about it they say there is a cut off point

Would any of you know what the cut off point is ??
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

hang on a minute they should of replaced the longer strainer when they done the turbo replacement as they come as a pair so if it's the longer one why are they charging you? then if it's the shorter one then why didn't they spot it when they were doing the longer one anyway as the sump should of been off to do the longer one and the shorter strainer doesn't cost £155 either.
i think someones trying to pull the wool over your eyes!
Hunter
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi eithan

Thanks for your post

Now you said that it seems a bit strange that the dealer would take the sump off without asking

if i would pay for it !!!! The £155 was for "1" hours work plus parts and VAT ..

I will be on phone to I.M in the morning . They did say that there is a cut off point for the strainer

to be changed .. Having looked at a lot of posts on here trucks from 1998 - 2002 have had turbo

and strainer changed at same time and FOC . So i will try them again ..

I will let you know how it goes
ladydriver

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunter - did they do the rest of IZ04 - the turbo?
Hunter
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ladydriver yes they have fitted new turbo and done very thing else.

Got a call from dealer this morning before i had chance to phone I.M they said job done

and truck runnig well "that will be £151.21" about £60 parts + £67 labour + VAT.

they said they had got email from I.M saying that the strainer was not going to be free.

I phoned I.M at 9am and askedd the man what an IZ04 was and what all got changed .

He told me new turbo and oil strainer so i asked why i would be charged for it .

At this point he asked for my vin number i read it to him he said ahh thats the one at ******

(don't know if i should name names) . Then he said which strainer did they change ??

He said there are two one for lube and one for high pressure feed..

The dealer did not say they had changed two oil strainers !!!

Any thoughts ???
eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

the strainer comes free with the turbo as it's part of the recall all paid for by isuzu, so they should of changed that one which is the main lubrication strainer. now if the smaller one had broken off like they say why didn't they spot it in the bottom of the sump when they had it off to change the lubrication strainer?
the way they explain it sounds like they changed a strainer resealed the sump and filled with oil then it still runs rough so they take the sump off again and whoops there it is the smaller strainer broken!

can't see that myself sounds more like they didn't bother with the strainer then as it runs rough still they then take the sump off to find a broken strainer in the bottom of it.
Hunter
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be phoning dealer to ask if they have changed both pipes..

It's funny how they said that the oil strainer was not covered under the recall !!!

Thought they would have said something like " while we were changing the oil strainer we

saw the other one was needing changed too " !!

Hope to pick up truck tomorrow ..
ladydriver

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 23:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that were the case I wouldn't expect that level of labour, the sump was off anyway - the extra part maybe.
Wirdy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it when the customer has the knowledge from this forum to challenge b u l l s h i t  from garages.

Why oh why can't garages be honest with the customer.  None of us mind paying our hard-earned money for a job well done, but if it appears that a garage wants a bit extra ("well the customer should be thankful that the other work was covered under warranty, eh??"...."what's wrong with adding a bit of extra work onto the invoice and getting the customer to pay??")

NO NO NO.

Perhaps its all a misunderstanding, hopefully.  The garage sound like they know what they're doing as far as the actual work is concerned.
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

remember it's only the longer one that is changed for free which is the lubrication one the shorter one is for the injection side and has been modified to stop the bracket breaking and allowing the strainer to fall out
Volleysi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 21:18    Post subject: Smoking problems Reply with quote

Hi can someone advise I brought an 02 4x4  30 td. Commercial, I read that this is not the best engine, I have had it 3 months and told all the recalls were carried out. It started smoking on start up and has been getting worse, some one the knows a bit about diesels changed all the filters oil and fuel air etc, we put 5-30 semi synthetic oil in and it's been a lot better and smoking less. It's only done 70k and has been great in this snow. I'm told the smoke seems to be diesel and not oil.  
How do I find out if any of the work has been done?
If it has all been done could this problem be linked to the work done?
Could this be a new issue and if it is any idea?
Is there a diagnostic plug in point  I can not find one in the cab or under the bonnet.
DYLAN

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont know if it makes any difference in your case but the 3.0 should only have 5/30 FULLY synthetic oil.

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
Volleysi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, and sorry guys I meant to start a new topic so sorry for butting in in yours.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: