All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Convert trooper engine from 3.0 to 3.1

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richard wilkinson

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

bngdfg  fgtytyhfvfgbrdfv
t7uqwsjouihyudrfyt gfvcc  vf tgfd  y

t5hv7yyhh
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 20:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Gribble

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got the computer upside down RW  Laughing
Gribble

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 20:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok , find page 6C - 15 and tell me what colour the wire is on the tachometer sensor harness on your 3.1 .
richard wilkinson

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 20:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

richard wilkinson wrote:
bngdfg  fgtytyhfvfgbrdfv

t5hv7yyhh

er can someone delete the babys post
blimy you nip for a piddle  Rolling Eyes
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

richard wilkinson wrote:
richard wilkinson wrote:
bngdfg  fgtytyhfvfgbrdfv

t5hv7yyhh

er can someone delete the babys post
blimy you nip for a piddle  Rolling Eyes

LMFAO..... hilarious  hilarious  hilarious
bazza2541

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gribble wrote:
Ok , find page 6C - 15 and tell me what colour the wire is on the tachometer sensor harness on your 3.1 .

I don't have a 3.1, I got a 3.0 with a 4bji.  Confused
Gribble

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok what colour is the wire on the 2.8 tacho sensor harness ?
bazza2541

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gribble wrote:
Ok what colour is the wire on the 2.8 tacho sensor harness ?

There's a black wire and a black wire with a red trace.
The black wire goes straight to earth and the black wire with the red tracer goes straight to the rev counter
docstrooper3.0

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 0:18    Post subject: ready for mad house Reply with quote

well lads on the verge of losing the plot, had engine running but exhaust was touching torsion bar
so put the size 10 to it and moved it , great job but made *beep* of the 3mm adaptor i had made for the 3 litre turbo to fit.
made up new plate 6mm but it never sealed ok whistle sound as i used the 3.1 intercooler and the pipe ends that        connect the turbo to the intercooler are differnt sizes. took bull by the horns yest and took off the 3.1 turbo
of the scrap outside and put it on went under neat to fit exhaust only to realize the 3.0 oil filter housing is up tight against the end of the 3.1 turbo exhaust!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a *******. who suggested changing the housing????
fed up with it now still never got looking at the 4x4 problem no flashing light in 2h only when i hit 4x4 the light keeps flashing.have 5 wires still spare in loom about gear box never got tracing them back yet having too much fun with turbo
they are green/black = red/green = red/blue = blue/pink all ideas at this stage very welcome losing savage intrest
in this project. talked to a guy that has done a few he says i mental for taking out ecu's, trying to fit 3.0 turbo
and for changing oil filter housing. help!!
bazza2541

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 0:50    Post subject: Re: ready for mad house Reply with quote

docstrooper3.0 wrote:
well lads on the verge of losing the plot, had engine running but exhaust was touching torsion bar
so put the size 10 to it and moved it , great job but made *beep* of the 3mm adaptor i had made for the 3 litre turbo to fit.
made up new plate 6mm but it never sealed ok whistle sound as i used the 3.1 intercooler and the pipe ends that        connect the turbo to the intercooler are differnt sizes. took bull by the horns yest and took off the 3.1 turbo
of the scrap outside and put it on went under neat to fit exhaust only to realize the 3.0 oil filter housing is up tight against the end of the 3.1 turbo exhaust!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a *******. who suggested changing the housing????
fed up with it now still never got looking at the 4x4 problem no flashing light in 2h only when i hit 4x4 the light keeps flashing.have 5 wires still spare in loom about gear box never got tracing them back yet having too much fun with turbo
they are green/black = red/green = red/blue = blue/pink all ideas at this stage very welcome losing savage intrest
in this project. talked to a guy that has done a few he says i mental for taking out ecu's, trying to fit 3.0 turbo
and for changing oil filter housing. help!!

Tell your 'mate' that I done my own, removed the ECU, gutted the loom, fitted a 3.0 turbo a landrover intercooler and it hasn't missed a beat. It's also the most powerful 2.8 Elite has seen on it's rollers ever. And more powerful than all the 4x4s they've seen so far. Now Dublin isn't that wild far away from Letterkenny and I take great insult in the 'mental' tag so he's welcome to come try it himself. I also gave you my number if I could have been any help, but I never received a call. If you're having bother, maybe just maybe it's of your own making.
docstrooper3.0

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

bazza found you're number you give it to diytrooper not me but i prob will ring you soon. why did you use land rover intercooler, and yes a lot of trouble caused by myself swapping bits about. going to try adaptor again, do oyu know can i leave the 3.1 oil return pipe in place will the flange fit the 3.0 turbo
richard wilkinson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not juyst use the 3.1 turbo get it running the worry about the little mods later
keep it simple get it runnin g then play with it
as for the comments about the ecu it servs no use with the 3.1 engine unless you need a key cut
diytrooper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 13:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I'd post an update on how I'm coming along with this, moving a little slower then others Smile

Got the 3.1 removed only problem I had was one bolt on the back of the turbo holding the exhaust on had to be cut and also I had to remove the sump to get the engine out.
Fairly easy to remove compared to the 3.0, bolts not as tight.

I have noticed a lot of vacuum pipes dotted around the engine, Are all of these required for the engine to run?
Do I need the "black box with all the vacuum hoses connected to it" that sits infront of the braking servo that was in the 3.1 and move it to the 3.0 engine bay?

Next jobs I have are blank off erg valves, change timing belt and I assume I fit the 3.0 filter and housing..

Hopefully be running by the weekend....
bazza2541

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take off all the vacumn lines, but don't bin them just yet. You'll need a vacumn line from the altenator to the brake servo and a tee off this to the front axle. You'll also need a bit of the disguarded piping to go from the boost compensator to the intake manifold.
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the 3.1 is anything like the 2.8 for vacuum pipes the only one engine wise you "need" is the pipe that runs from the inlet to the top of the fuel pump. This may of course be different on the later electric fuel pump found on post 1995 import automatic gearbox versions. If however you still want to keep the quick warm-up, and EGR facilities you need the wiring for the solenoids and the vacuum system for the two actuators, fuel pump throttle adjuster valve thingy and EGR's as well.

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: