2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Broken Bones

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events - ideas, reviews and photos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DAVID's J99P
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 13:25    Post subject: Broken Bones Reply with quote

Heres the piccys of my broken leg
This is the main spirral brake that they have screwed the metal plate to, just above the ankel

this is the thin bone that runs down the back of the leg and is broke just below the knee

the other brake is just out of shot at the top of the thinner bone on the left

David ltm47
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 13:25    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

TimBanham
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 14:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

ouch and you did all that just slipping in the mud?
adz1973
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 16:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just developed a strange sensation in that same bit on my leg............. Hope you mend soon mate.
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHUFFIN ECK !!!!!!
                           That would explain the noise as of branch breaking then... Shocked
DYLAN

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad i was getting there later as i think i would have felt sick if i'd have heard that Shocked

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
Twister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can still hear it now  Shocked  Shocked . I honestly thought someone had pulled a tree over when it happened.
Looking at that x-ray makes me cringe.  I have to say David, you put on one hell of a brave face. I'd have been crying like a schoolgirl if it were me.

"Tongue-tied and Twisted; just an Earth-bound misfit,  I..."
 -  PF

LTM # 000002
DYLAN

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too i can assure you Embarassed

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putting me engineering head on,looking at the lower fracture,thats a perfect example of a 45 degree helical frature caused by torsion as found in steel tests,thats what you would see if your torsion bar broke...so bearing in mind the above comments......

X66DAG.....Itocs own man of steel.................... Razz
markymoan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a big thanks has to go to Col for his speed in taking control doing things the correct way and Twister for his rapid 999 within seconds of the accident.
Infact if we could hand out medals then all present deserve one for being a team  Cool
How often do the ambulance service get a grid reference  Shocked
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

markymoan wrote:
I think a big thanks has to go to Col for his speed in taking control doing things the correct way and Twister for his rapid 999 within seconds of the accident.
Infact if we could hand out medals then all present deserve one for being a team  Cool

thumbleft
DAVID's J99P
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

markymoan wrote:

Thanks for pointing out cols and twisters awesome efforts,from my position it was impossible to know who was doing what but this I do know
everyone on that hill played a huge part be it directing the E services to bringing them up the hill in there own 4x4, or guiding in air surport,
keeping the young ones away, not sure if any see or heard it, but youngs eyes didn't need to see that, and to everyone for keeping moral high,
and keeping me smiling as much as that hurt.

Then after all that you all looked out for josh and got him and my truck home.
It may not be until next summer before I finally get to met up with you all at another club get together but I will.

NO IT IS I THAT IS HONOURED TO BE AN ITOC MEMBER.

occasion5
Cheers to you all
David

David ltm47
Bigcolbee
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

X66DAG wrote:
and to everyone for keeping moral high, and keeping me smiling as much as that hurt.

To be fair, I think that was just about all we could do, there was no real point in medical treatment at the scene, and I think that whilst people were taking the pish, (still loved the chopper pilot's comment of "well haven't you got a bunch of bar stewards as mates!" & the paramedic commenting on the lack of sympathy floating around  Laughing ), they were also focusing less on what had actually happened - I think I for one would have reacted differently if I had sat there thinking about what was going on at the top of your ankle & how bad it was etc - the most we could do was try and keep you warm/dry until the chopper arrived

Good to see we didn't scare you off & Josh seemed to be getting into the swing of things by the time he was ready for leaving, looking forward to seeing you both again at a future event! Smile

Alright brain, you don't like me and i don't like you, so let's just do this thing and I'll go back to killing you with beer

Twister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 21:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way everybody pulled together was indeed superb.  A proper team effort, which was exactly what was needed. I just did what anyone else would have done, just happens I had the phone in my hand. And as for the mickey-taking, we'd do it all again in a flash  Razz  Wink  . We did get a couple of smiles out of you which given the circumstances had to be a good thing.

I've been to many an off road event over the years, and never had anything as serious as that happen, but I have always wondered in the back of my mind how people would react if it did. I have to say the guys in that field all did themselves proud.

The one thing that rattled me a little bit was that I emphasised on the phone that we needed the sky squirrel, and the operator acknowledged that, but they didn't get it into the air until the paramedics asked for it. I suppose they have their reasons, I just think you could have been on your way that bit quicker. But, at the end of the day all went as well as it could have done.

You concentrate on getting yourself back up on your feet, and I too look forward to seeing you out and about when you're good and ready.

BUT, if you ever do that again..... Twisted Evil

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Wink

"Tongue-tied and Twisted; just an Earth-bound misfit,  I..."
 -  PF

LTM # 000002
markymoan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming soon, ski boots with clip on waffle boards  Laughing
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 23:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twister wrote:
The one thing that rattled me a little bit was that I emphasised on the phone that we needed the sky squirrel, and the operator acknowledged that, but they didn't get it into the air until the paramedics asked for it. I suppose they have their reasons, I just think you could have been on your way that bit quicker. But, at the end of the day all went as well as it could have done.

I have been on Scout campsites where little Johnny has gone over on his ankle & his Cub Leader has screamed about needing an air ambulance, she once knew a ferret whose owner's sister once dated a paramedic so she knows first aid - when all the little sod has done is twisted his ankle after goofing off. With the cost of just getting a chopper up, they can't afford to risk throwing the money away unless it's necessary, with a broken leg, unless it is spurting, they will always send an outrider first to assess it, the flight crew would still have been sat in position awaiting the call.

And I do agree, everyone pulled together well, whether it was the guys who manned the main gate ready to point the paramedics in the right direction, the 'chauffeur' who drove them over the field, Ted for parking his motor on top of the hill, Dunc for keeping the kids entertained, Mr Twister for the phone call, Apple for it's OS grid ref app or even the paparazzi & entertainments gang keeping the laughs up, everybody played their part in some way - except Dave, who just laid down for the duration - lazy bu66er!  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

On a more serious note & a point worth making, is everyone should ideally have some safety kit in their motor along with tow ropes/strops etc, maybe a simple first aid kit, a first aid manual (cheap bookshops have last years versions in for a couple of quid), a blanket/small tarp & one thing I hope we never have need for again, a ground flare, (check fleabay for camping sos red smoke flare for a 30 second one at £7.95(ish), a couple would not go amiss) to give an air ambulance an idea of where we are & the strength/direction of the wind.

Alright brain, you don't like me and i don't like you, so let's just do this thing and I'll go back to killing you with beer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events - ideas, reviews and photos All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: