Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

7.5Te Lorries (sorry - Horseboxes!)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Non-Isuzu technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aduncan
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 0:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for Still reading my Guff !

Insurance : My Car insurance would cover me for Third Party in a 7.5Te ? I guess it makes sense but really?

Towbars : Yes - I noticed the possible Wagon of choice / giveaway has a towbar, and thought is it a bad thing, but so does my trooper. I imagine the Trooper covers maybe 5% of its life with a trailer on the ball, what's the damage?

Also was a thinking, its nigh on 20yr old, and only 78k on the clock : 4k per year ?
I reckon it isn't a Worked Wagon, and could well be a wagon that has only been a Horsebox all its life.

Discuss !
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 0:46    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

The Laird

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drove a 70 tonne car baler totally legal before they said it was a mobile crane
A WHAT?
Used to be able to drive any sized mobile crane on a car license! They changed that one!
Grandfather rights......If you passed your test in a mini, you could then drive up to 7.5 tonne! Shocked
markymoan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Laird wrote:
I drove a 70 tonne car baler totally legal before they said it was a mobile crane
A WHAT?
Used to be able to drive any sized mobile crane on a car license! They changed that one!
Grandfather rights......If you passed your test in a mini, you could then drive up to 7.5 tonne! Shocked

Its/was classed as a machine (non load vehicle) and yes they changed the law, any vehicle with a hiab etc is now a mobile crane and you need the licence but you can still drive a machine, articulated 70 tonne beast that was a dog to get moving and hope no sod pulls out, I'll dig a piccy out  Laughing .

I also think the horsebox was built as one from new or it would have over 500,000 on the clock, its never worked a day in its life.
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="markymoan"
I also think the horsebox was built as one from new or it would have over 500,000 on the clock, its never worked a day in its life.[/quote]

But young Sherlock, Why a Towbar?
markymoan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

To tow a small car on an A frame or maybe to tow a horsebox  Idea
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROT BOX !

Very Happy

Had a look and and it is a rather Agricultural thing ! Proper Pine Door on the Lav ! But you can see that the Back has no Drain holes, and the Main Chassis looks good, bu the Floor An Outriggers off the main Chassis were rotten and bent.

:scratchchin: Mind you she was rather lovely.......

Sadly SWMBO has now decided for sure a wagon IS the way forward, and I have discovered you don't get them for less than 15k bandhead

Here we go !!
aduncan
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Move along - nothing to see here anymore.

No Doubt a Money Pit   Smile

now the modding starts !  

Who knows anything about Diesel Cab Heaters, and Reversing Cameras !!
MikT725

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

As some friends of ours found you can not get a wagon cheap they paid about £4000 and it turned out to be completely rotten the seats werent fastened to any metal anymore the hinges and catch mech on tilt cab were broken or missing its had to have a complete cab change at a cost of another £1000 how it got a ticket on it i dont know. Now they dont have any more money to throw at it they dont want to tax it for the winter so they have been borrowing our trailer any way.
Persoanally i think unless you are going to events at least once a week all year round then a wagon isn't really needed you have to tax it test it insure it service it and then there is the fact it spends most of its time sat unused which is the worst thing you can do to a vehicle, They also tend to get stuck on wet fields whereas a trooper and trailer aint ever going to be waiting to be towed out by the tractor. Compared, a trailer has so little to go wrong.

Thats just my opinion, but then i am completely happy towing a trailer on all roads motorways etc Not everybody is. I downright refuse to get one for our 3 unless we win the lottery some time soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Non-Isuzu technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: