2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

1994 trooper restoration

Goto page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BUNNY_PL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 19:58    Post subject: 1994 trooper restoration Reply with quote

Hello !

I bought my trooper more than 2 years ago. Its wasn't in good condition because of previous owner..  i decided not to sell it because im very attached to my trooper Smile. Frame is very rusty thats why im starting restoration of it. The plan is to take body off the frame - clean it and put rust proof surface - Rust-oleum Galvazink and Nuxudol 1600. I will also change almost every part on chassis ( ball joints etc). I want to be as close to factory condition as possible. There are also rusty points in body .. I will have to take care of it.  Today i started my project. I removed almost all interior front lights and grill. I want to remove  body in this week ( i hope so )  I will post update tommorow.

work in progress

after i removed this black foil from body

i was working on my wheel arch some time ago, now i know why... I will have to take care of this rust

another surprise in wheel arch space.

door step also need some work

After winter this mats were very smelly. I want to replace them with something else.

black metal because of exhaust pipe..

I will post some more info tomorrow Smile

--------

If |You have some problems with photos let me know !
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 19:58    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DYLAN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics are fine, Looks as if your going to do a great job Wink

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
adz1973
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep us updated, looks like a great project with a good reward.
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bunny looks like a nice truck it's gonna be well worth the effort.
On a different note do you know these guys or at least this club?
If you have a read thro and a laugh at the translations and retranslations maybe you could help us all out
cheers

http://www.itocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21520&start=0

David ltm47
BUNNY_PL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure i know this guys Very Happy im part of this community. Check our website : http://www.trooper4x4.pl/ and this gallery http://picasaweb.google.pl/zdjencia.Adam.Witt/ZlotOpelMontereyIsuzuTrooperFraczki# its from this event
DAVID's J99P
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

How cool is that, it's not like Polands a small place. I've read your replies along with some other of your fellow countrymens posts
and I look forward to making the trip along with several others from Itoc some time in the not to distant future.
Looking at the amount of wet mud you guys play in I'd leave the carpet out Laughing

David ltm47
BUNNY_PL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 18:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

|Hello !

I already read that Very Happy It would be great to meat You guys! In winter we've got tons of snow so its a real fun Very Happy driving in it.

Today i made some progress it could be better if not damn rusty front bumper screws. I stared by removing front wheel arches but i also  had to remove this wipers metal plate. I've lost only 2 screws doing that so it was ok.  

in wipers area there is no rusty at all !

healthy metal everywhere  Cool

next i removed my hood only 4 screws here. On pic my best friend - wd 40

both wheel arches space are fine, but i will put some anti rust surface here.

second wheel arch and not broken fully working antenna  Cool

wheel arch is covered some kind of wax. I think they were making it in factory. This yellow thing is not rust its wax :p .

amount of wet mud inside wheel arch.

door step require some work.

after that i stared to remove front bumper. On this pic You can see with what im fighting. I don't know if its better to undo it or cut them off. All bumpers mountings and this kind of stuff are made from shi#y steel.

On the end i stared work with this. 2 screws are so rusty that i can't use my keys, i dont have torch so i have to use grinder. Screws are quite hard so its not going very well. One is out and i stared doing second. Tomorrow i hope i will take bumper off  Evil or Very Mad

Tomorrow because of job i will not have much time. But i will try to win this fight  Exclamation
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUNNY_PL wrote:
|Hello !

I already read that Very Happy It would be great to meat You guys! In winter we've got tons of snow so its a real fun Very Happy driving in it.

Tomorrow because of job i will not have much time. But i will try to win this fight  Exclamation

Two points
                     Cool
                        You will...... Cool  Cool
                                                           Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
BUNNY_PL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's no other way  Cool
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUNNY_PL wrote:
there's no other way  Cool

Laughing  Wink
fluck

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I canīt put photos yet, but since you have all plastics and carpet off, i not make a soundproofing?

believet you will notice a big difference.

The only thing i canīt resolve itīs a lots of wind coming inside the car, from the "ventilation" even with them closed.
BUNNY_PL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello !

The battle is won  Cool bumper is out. It wasn't easy ! tools used : bf hammer , chisel and grinder. It was very rusty but holding strong !.

without all this metal it looks like cucurbit   Laughing Shocked

rain of rust

rusty bumper mountings, i want to make new ones from stainless steal..

Tomorrow i will remove rear one and i will try to play with body mountings.

fluck wrote:
I canīt put photos yet, but since you have all plastics and carpet off, i not make a soundproofing?

believet you will notice a big difference.

The only thing i canīt resolve itīs a lots of wind coming inside the car, from the "ventilation" even with them closed.

i will put something new there but to be honest i like this diesel sound Razz. I will add some soundproof mats in the rear because of this wind noise. I don't like it much. One of my biggest sound problem are plastic parts like dash board etc - on bumps its just squeaking  Rolling Eyes especially in winter. I will try to put some cork plates between panels. btw do you know some floor soundproofing mats ??
BUNNY_PL

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Today i was fighting with rear bumper it was even worst than front one  Shocked Previous owner installed trailer ball to the bumper mountings. I had to cut off 2 screws. During the action my grinder give up so i had to go to to shop and replace it on something better. Now ive got makita i hope it will be working fine and long  Confused . Bumper inside is very rusty i will have to make everything new. Frame is not looking that bad on photos because of the flash.

inside of bumper

without bumper, rusty frame  

previous owner was playing with cables i will have to straight it out.

overall view

I think the worst things are behind me i was playing with body mounting screws and its not that bad  Rolling Eyes On Monday i will disconnect everything from the engine and i hope on Tuesday, Wednesday i will be able to lift my body Razz
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 14:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good project ... though one thing I would look at is if the fuel tank is connected to the body or chassis.

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

BUNNY_PL

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 17:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhanagar wrote:
Good project ... though one thing I would look at is if the fuel tank is connected to the body or chassis.

I have already checked  that - its connected to the chassis so it shouldn't be a problem  Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: