All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

4JG2 3.1TD Cambelt teeth profile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 13:33    Post subject: 4JG2 3.1TD Cambelt teeth profile Reply with quote

Afternoon All

Ordered a cambelt and tensioner kit from milner.  Got the old belt out and found the tooth profile to be different, the milner supplied on is a rounded profile and the existing one is a squared profile.  Inspecting the engine parts showed the reciprocal teeth on the motor to be clearly squared in profile.  Phoning milner started the classic ping pong conversation but I was not happy to fit the belt so I called my local autoparts store and using the normal car/engine references they came up with (from stock luckily for me) a delphi (i think) belt with guess what????    A squared teeth profile.  

I was working with a very experienced mechanic and he was quite adamant that to fit a rounded tooth profile belt to an engine with squared tooth gears would be a bad idea and I agreed with that, seems pretty obvious to me  Confused

My question is this, do you who know or care agree with our decision not to fit the rounded toothed belt supplied from milner?  
Has anyone else had this problem?

I´m waiting for milner to digest my email complaint - I´ll let you all know what they say  Rolling Eyes

But either way, cambelt and tensioners changed, including trip to town for new belt in less than 4 hours and whilst the old belt was fine the tensioners were shot so happy me happy motor grrrr milner  Laughing

many thanks to all that contributed to various cambelt threads especially the person (i cant remember who) who posted the missing pages from the manual that deal with a 4JG2 motor timing belt not gears!!!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 13:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

markymoan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 13:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are supplying the wrong belt, how can they argue about a round peg fitting a square hole  Confused

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

ping pong
its wrong
its right
its wrong
its right

Twisted Evil

I´m still waiting for the generous compensation  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do actually think that that is correct i will check a genuine belt tomorrow and see if i can get some pics of it
Iain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, ping pong ping pong.

They insisted they had supplied the right belt and I asked them to explain how it was right when, indisputably the belt supplied did not match the requirements of the engine opened in front of me.  I suppose I could have a "wrong engine" somehow  Confused  I would love to hear a convincing explanation of how that might have happened!  Anyway rather than enter into further dialogue on the subject they agreed to credit my account and decided they didnt even need the wrong belt back.

Overall, mistakes happen, luckily my pal knows whats what and spotted this one before it caused problems. Milner came good and did the decent thing.  Onward and upwards we go.
mrdom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 14:43    Post subject: Are milners still supplying the wrong belts? Reply with quote

I know this thread is a little on the older side and a few more recent once had touched on it but are milners still supplying what was considered incorrect belts for the 3,1?... if indeed they were ever wrong as it seems a bit uncertain. I really hope they have the correct ones because i was quoted £185 locally for a kit compared to about £75 from milners. ive got a 3.1 that im not 100% sure of the history of, its at 150,000 miles and the cam belt light isnt on but id rather not take the risk of wating for it if the kit is fairly affordable, even if i did only give 250 quid for the car, i would either be doing the work myself if im feeling particularly brave or getting a family freind to do it at a very reasonable price so the cost of the parts will massively affect the total cost of the work.
griffter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

cam belt kit for nine was 150!!!
robperrie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,,i argued with them regarding this belt kit,,in the end i used it as my mechanic did some testing and it worked really well,,how do i reset the light, not seen it yet as changed the nelt when i bought the truck...
Fett

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

so what do you get in this cam belt kit?

where else can you get it apart from milners? do vauxhall do it for the monteray?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: