QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Diesel in radiator(coolant?)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markyyy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 17:34    Post subject: Diesel in radiator(coolant?) Reply with quote

Confused Can any body give me any help regarding my 30td.It is getting diesel into the rad and eventially pressurising it enough to blow it out into expansion tank etc.I had a new head fitted a while back which was bare but had the injector sleaves in,so i would have thought the O rings would be ok?.(hopefully they were fitted?).(Would the two seals on these sleaves cause fuel to enter the coolant if they were faulty anyway?).
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 17:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

NickP

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,I'm afraid it sounds like either the seals or the sleeves themselves have failed!! One of the service campaign mods was to change the sleeves along with the seals for upgraded ones,the head can also suffer from porousity around the sleeves which can give the problems that you're having Sad
markyyy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Nick. I wasnt sure if these seals would allow fuel into the coolant etc.The head was new and only fitted approx 2months ago.It was brand new but with the sleaves fitted so i didnt check but assumed they would be ok?I think im guna have to remove and check the o rings on the sleaves (it could be poss one may be damaged) I wasnt sure if anything else would allow this prob to occur ?
suzu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 22:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

the heads gone porous i should think i'd ask about any warranty on it
markyyy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers suzu. I fitted head myself which was defo brand new.Do you think the head was porus already or would have gone porus in the two months its been fitted? Have u heard of reletively new heads having this prob before?
suzu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't know as to when it would have gone but yes i have known it before
Philp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this an auto? If so the chances are it's not diesel but ATF if the rad is the type that has the transmission cooler built in to it. The chances are this is leaking ATF into the rad, only way to sort this is to get a new rad and then drain and refill the coolant and the gearbox (probably twice in fairly quick succesion for the box) to make sure any water has gone from the box.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
suzu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 19:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

it probably is diesel im doing one at the minute for this problem you've only got to remove the rad and sniff
suzu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

meant rad cap
markyyy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 21:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its defo diesel.Im guna remove the head and remove the injector sleaves and check over(seals etc) Is it possible to see if the head is porus by inspecting it anywere(will there be any signs of this fault anywere in particular)
suzu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

no where to see if it's porous as it generally goes inside the head. i've got the same problem on a vehicle i did about a month ago except this blows it out of the reservoir after about 5 secs of running. will get the head off tomorrow i hope so will let you know if i find anything. remember to look for cracks between the glow plug hole and a valve seat.
gotalast

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a possibility that if you can't check the head by pressure testing you may be able to sweet talk a local engineering company to dye penetrant test it for you. But don't let them get carried away you just need a cheap test that will show up porosity or cracks under ultra violet light so there is no requirement for a highly qualified and expensive examiner. The process is traditionally used to check welded fabrications for cracks and porosity - the dye gets stuck in the cracks and holes and doesn't get washed off during cleaning.
suzu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

my problem was the sleeves, removed them first in the hope it would save taking the head off and all the seals have perished. this was in a brand new head fitted about a month ago another bill for isuzu!
montyboy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disasterous week on the Trooper front.

First of all heater started blowing a very dieselly/turpy type smoke followed by a clear leak from the heater matrix into the drivers footwell.

Checked the water in the rad. very, very low and has a very turpentine smell to it. I assume that this is what diesel in water smells like.

I'm thinking head gasket but wouldn't I see white smoke from the exhaust?
suzu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 18:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it's a 3.0l it's probably the seals on the sleeves
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: