2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Nice little upgrade for your trooper ICE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ninj

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 17:55    Post subject: Nice little upgrade for your trooper ICE Reply with quote

Having had a good trawl about the forum I couldn't find many recommendations for an ICE upgrade for the trooper, so thought I'd post a few thoughts.  I discovered the front door speakers are 6.5" and 4" in the back.  It seems most Troopers come with tweeters in the front or at least the wiring for them, which IMHO are worth keeping.

For years I'd been an advocate of 6x9s but it seems the tide is turning.  They now seem to be regarded as a poor jack of all trades, master of none, so I followed the thinking of only front speakers and a subwoofer in the back.

I opted for direct replacement JBL GTO636Es (£25) in the front doors and although they are only coaxial speakers (albeit 3 way), by keeping the tweeters, I have ended up with very decent sound, which will only get better with a bit of light amping.  I'm sure a set of 6.5" components would have been a bit better, but at substantially more cost and no gaurantee the speakers would fit in with no faffing about with mounting depth.

I have removed the rear speakers from the equation in favour of an 8" sub (£30).  I never really heard much from the standard 4" speakers in the back and although I reckon they'd add a bit of rear fill, that's something which I may think about if I can pick up a cheap second 4 ch amp to drive the front speakers and fit new rears to be driven likewise.  

Good old eebuygum to the rescue, most of the bits were second hand/bankrupt stock or ex demo so, total cost including 2nd hand Pioneer 4x45w headunit (£15!) around 130 quid.  I've always (incorrectly!) associated subs with chavs in Saxos/Corsas but I'm very pleased to report the 8" variety are very easy to mount discretely and the nice side effect is they tend to be tighter and more punchy than their large counterparts.  No monster boomy bass here!

Overall,  I'm over the moon with the way it sounds now, happy days Smile
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 17:55    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: