2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

No power and thirstier than a thirsty thing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 20:20    Post subject: No power and thirstier than a thirsty thing Reply with quote

Hi,

hope some one can help me, i have a 61plate rodeo denver max le 3.0ltr looks the biz with the chrome bar and spotters i put on .........but it has no go about it at all and drinks fuel like a range rover, ive been patient as new engine needs time to break in and ive now done 9000 miles and its pathetic put your foot to the floor in 5th at 60mph and nothing, if i have my trailer on its worse oviously but the consumption is even worse, computer was sayin 22.5 mpg, the garage had it back on the computer and took it a run and said it was fine when i got back in the computer said 26mpg but was just the same.

does anyone have a problem like mine or have i got a bad 4x4?

look forward to all comments
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 20:20    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

smoo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 17:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently bought a suzuki grand vitara.  82k miles and 12 years old .   Obviously only done a weekly trip to the post to collect the previous owner's weekly pension.  

It would only do 60 mph flat out and drink more juice than my 3.1 troop.

I checked every sensor...all ok.   Only indicator was the boost pressure which was 5 psi max.

To cut a long story short , the CAT was all but blocked.   I initially  removed the front pipe before the cat to prove this.  Sure enough 12 psi boost and 90 mph :0

I have now removed the cat and get 50 %  more economy.

I would have though the management light would be on , on yours , but could be  a blocked cat or particulate filter. .....  this can easily be caused be too gentle driving ( running in in your case )
richb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply, will look into that as im not getting any joy with the garrage, any and all input appreciated
Sir Henry

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

If removing and/or replacing the particulate filter doesn't cure the problem then have a look at the turbo and the wastegate controller. If the latter should stick then the turbo won't operate correctly.
richb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I took it to the garage and spoke to the mechanic about it told him the turbo kicks in at 2100rpm but there wasnt much difference, he said that it should kick in at 1400rpm as its a variable turbo......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: