2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

any computor wiz's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Computer Bytes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kbekl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 19:11    Post subject: any computor wiz's Reply with quote

right i have a little pc knowledge but never attempted something like this before

i have a spare laptop an advent 7105 specs here

now i have removed the screen and it is never used was my media player for the bedroom but now have a 32" lcd attached to a games pc

battery life is poor lol about 1hr from new

i am thinking about using it as a in-car pc but wouldnt know where really to start

has any one done this and is their a cheapish way to go about it all ??

have been thinking about the input side of things, not sure weather to go for a touch screen or a joystick type mouse

1995 3.1td auto bighorn
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 19:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

badendesigns
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really sure what you're talking about? Windows 7 is the only system that enables touch screen tech and you have to have the right kind of screen. (look on the microsoft site for these). What are you going to use it for? If as a PC then all you need is an inverter to make it work. It really depends on what you want to do with it?

79 XS1100

82 XS1100 midnight

87 454 LTD

Lovin it!!!!!

Wear sunscreen

LTM 000103
kbekl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

would like it to cover satnav and music and net, dvd playback

also would prefer the laptop to sit under the passenger seat and be wired into the dash some how with either the monitor on the top or implemented into the dash

so basically it would be a pc in the car

found lots of little reverseign monitors but am unsure if i would be able to fit a laptop to them

1995 3.1td auto bighorn
badendesigns
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could get a thumb ball mouse and buy a small screen. The thumb ball/track ball could be stuck on the console so wouldn't move. Screen could be set into or on the dash. As for Sat-Nav I'm not sure. Shouldn't be too hard to do all in all. Or you could just get a iPad instead  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

79 XS1100

82 XS1100 midnight

87 454 LTD

Lovin it!!!!!

Wear sunscreen

LTM 000103
MontereyMatt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 21:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can use other operating systems with touchscreen, i had a car pc kind of thing in my last car which was some form of xp

check the 350z-uk forum and search "car pc" or something like that for some more detailed ideas and information

just let me know if you cant find anything and i will find the threads
Nolocks

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a dell 1011 netbook that sits near my dash which I used with a an adapter that plugs into my lighter and the netbook sits on a holder that stcicks to your windscreen and you can have it low enough not to hamper your window view..I dont use it for dvds when driving..but use autoroute program to use as a satnav....and plug into an adapter in my radio/dc player into the aux 1.5 jack to make the sound come through car...and even works as a hands free for mobile as well....lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Computer Bytes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: