QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Newbies searching for posts (made easy)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Computer Bytes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DYLAN

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 13:51    Post subject: Newbies searching for posts (made easy) Reply with quote

A lot of subjects come up time after time, Things like what oil, Is there an online manual, Best tyres and so on, The search option is fantastic but if not used properly can be next to useless so i thought i'd kill a few minutes just posting here and maybe save someone a few hours Smile

The search option is always at the top of page here

If when you search you tick the box search for all terms it usually brings more precise posts up

And last of all if you click search topic title only you dont get posts that just have a fleeting mention of the topic you are after

This is by no means the only way to use the search option but it can help in finding specific posts, If you are still finding it hard to find your answer try changing your search words, Dont use if's and's when's and so on so if your searching "Is there an online workshop manual" just use the search terms "workshop manual " which would bring this up http://www.itocuk.co.uk/forums/search.php?mode=results if that does not work just try slightly different search terms, This might be useless to some but if it helps one or two members it'll be worth the few minutes i have spent, Also Simon might have explained this somewhere but i have used the search and nothing came up Embarassed  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT

Last edited by DYLAN on Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:02; edited 1 time in total
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 13:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

C00KIE

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 13:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be bl***y bored i reckon  Rolling Eyes  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Nice one anyhow

V6 3.2 Monterey LPG !! - work in progress !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Computer Bytes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: