QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

More "Ghetto" mods!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:56    Post subject: More "Ghetto" mods! Reply with quote

I've been carrying out some more little bits and pieces to make the Trooper a more practical daily driver and long distance hauler. The one thing it's lacking in is storage space for all those little bits and bobs you have to carry around on a long trip so some cargo nets from Just Kampers have been screwed to the rear side panels.

The other big thing missing is any cupholders being an early to mid 80's design they thought ashtrays were more important and although it was well blessed with small fag end holders neither the wife or I smoke so the ones on the front doors have been replaced with a pair of fold away cupholders big enough to take a McD's large bucket of fizzy slop. (again from Just Kampers!)

And finally just finished fitting the CB I won off eebuygum, it's a european compatible 400 channel multi country job. Just got to get the brother-in-law to help me set up the SWR on the aerial as he knows what he's doing.

Antenna mounted on home made bracket off spare wheel

Wheee looks like a R/C car now!

Just some front fogs left to fit and then I need to work out some kind of mounting bar to fit some roof lights that will be low wneough to still let me carry a load/ladders on the roof.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

steveforster9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 13:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philip

I like those cargo nets! Might seriously look at something like that to tidy up the rear of my truck.

1999 3.0DT LWB
Philp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 14:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres a link to them http://217.29.195.146/FMPro?-db=wproducts.fp5&-format=detail.htm&-lay=cgi&-sortfield=name&-sortorder=descend&Category=interior&Find%5fWeb=C&-max=10&-recid=34444&-token.0=13311963&-find=

ian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 0:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

aye its a good idea ..........i like it Very Happy
mbw13

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work Very Happy

Are the seatbelts in the rear standard? First time I've seen a Trooper with the retractable recoil belt desing, I've just got the old fashioned unhook from the side, click in then tighten Embarassed
Philp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rear seat belts are standard, maybe British spec demanded them by 1991 as this is a very late MK1 Citation (top spec). It also has the standard middle seat non retractable lap belt. Not that they get any use as the back seat lives in my garage and the back tends to be filled with building materirals or rubbish!

siweb

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did u get the cup holders from matey?
dani4JB1T

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

good, very good !!! Very Happy ...Those cupholders are exactly the ones I need for my door frames...I don`t like the ones I`ve found over here. They are like a plastic rim with a bag downside, and they are too stretch for cans and 1/2 liters water bottles.

Also the nets are superb and very useful for maps, gloves, etc...I don`t have any pockets near to my hands in my driver position.

I will go to search something similar.

Thanks for the ideas. Smile
mbw13

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yup, that makes sense. I think the Kiwi ones didn't have those belts until maybe 1990. Not too sure. My beast has things laid out (switches, gear shift patterns) quite differently. Smile

Looking really good mate Exclamation
The PIG

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil you have the same cd player as me, and i got cup holders in mine but i took them off my mates transco transit, alot cheaper Laughing
Philp

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly I didn't have access to any Transco tranny vans! Still can't sniff at £4.95 each, I've put up with the type that clip over the top of the door until now and invariably end up falling in your lap when you put the window up, not much fun at the toll booth grand prix on the autoroute!

CD player was put in by me as it had nothing there when I bought it, I have also upgraded the front speakers with a second hand decent set of coaxials that came from a member on a car audio forum and the rears with an old set of Goodmans I had kicking around in my odds and sods box, they both sound better than the old original dried out cheapo ones fitted by Isuzu when new.

Tomcat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I am very impressed with the ones in my Irmscher. They sound really nice and there is no distortion at all. Could that be another thing that Irmscher changed ?

1989 Irmscher Bighorn 2.8 Intercooled Turbo Diesel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: