QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Are my possible ideas just a dream?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nolocks

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:21    Post subject: Are my possible ideas just a dream? Reply with quote

I have just upgraded my battery to one that actually starts the car without a problem..my question is ..im wanting to possibly fit another battery to this car as I plan to may be add a homebuild roof rack with spots and also an amp to give me some power as I have a big bass bin for the boot..

1. could anyone tell me if there is an easy way to install another tray in the space in the passenger side of the engine to hold the second battery
2. how you set the second battery up to the first.
3. how do I connect the amp to the battery, would it be the first or second battery?
4. what way would I set up the electrics for the spots?
5. has anyone fitted a winch to there trooper and how does it run and are these ones for about 60 quid off eblag suffice or would it need to be stronger?

I say winch because thats another thing ive been toying with...would two batterys be able to run all this as ive seen it all on 4x4 before..im surmising that as long as they are used seperately it would be ok ..but would it drain the batterys?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:21    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

TrooperDan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. could anyone tell me if there is an easy way to install another tray in the space in the passenger side of the engine to hold the second battery

Yes. A lot came with second batteries sitting on a battery tray above the front nearside wheel.

2. how you set the second battery up to the first.

10mm battery cable wired to first battery in parallel or just install a big single battery

3. how do I connect the amp to the battery, would it be the first or second battery?

your amp instructions will advise cable and fuse size to use. positive to positive and negative to negative depending how its earthed. Presuming of course it is switched on by the head unit ?

4. what way would I set up the electrics for the spots?

via a Relay switched from the full beam signal or seperate switch

5. has anyone fitted a winch to there trooper and how does it run and are these ones for about 60 quid off eblag suffice or would it need to be stronger?

loads of winches fitted to Troops. a £60 one of eebuygum will not be suitable i fear. 9000 lb minimum is ideal or a 12000 lb even better

I say winch because thats another thing ive been toying with...would two batterys be able to run all this as ive seen it all on 4x4 before..im surmising that as long as they are used seperately it would be ok ..but would it drain the batterys?

Keep your engine running and turn up the throttle a bit and you would be fine
Philp

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is that twin battery troopers like mine are wired up in parallel so effectively its seen as one ginormous 12V battery and both are available to the starter etc so if you use a winch/amp etc they will both flatten equally leaving you possibly without enough juice to start the engine.  For running accesories like a winch or big ICE setup most people tend to fit a second battery with a split charge relay thats isolated from the main starter battery.  You then wire you winch/amp etc to the second (usually deep cycle like an optima yellowtop ) battery. If this gets flattened then you can still start up and drive home as the main battery won't flatten from winch use.  the split charge relay will make sure the main battery is full before charging the second battery.  So it depends what you want really.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
Nolocks

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is most helpful information even if I dont fully understand it all I can print it off and use it to explain to others..who should understand it all thanks guys..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: