2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Sports Cars

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustinR34

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 16:44    Post subject: Sports Cars Reply with quote

When I joined up on here I mentioned the other cars I own and some of you showed intrest, as I can now post pictures I thought I'd put a few up for you to have a look at Smile

The Skyline

Took out the non turbo engine and put in an RB25DET (turbo engine) Very Happy

Then work started on the wiring loom and fitting a 3/4 roll cage

The Aston

Because I bought the Aston when I was 18, and unable to get insurance for love nor money it's been parked up for 8 years now Sad Because it's been parked up for so long it now needs some attention, for example the fuel pump has seized up along with the clutch. My intentions are to now finish the Skyline (have a kit to take it to 400bhp) either sell it and throw the money from that at the Aston or keep the Skyline and do the Aston up over time. I also now have the BigHorn Very Happy so really have to many cars Sad

Anyone else on here into sports cars?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 16:44    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Dawn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Aston is a looker Smile I'd keep her for sure!

I love old cars, but they don't have to be sporty. (I have two MK2 Cavaliers) Also used to own an '82 Trans Am in black with Crager SS split rims, but I had to let that go awhile back after I was made redundant. It was a devil to leave anywhere anyway, because people thought oh, KITT, indestructable. It got keyed down a whole side and right down the hood! B***ards!  

I now currently have four cars, which is way too many and the reason I have never got any dosh.  Razz
Philp

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 18:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a couple of spitfires over the years, a couple of Alfasuds and as soon as I get a decent sized garage I have a plan involving a MKIII spitfire, an MX5 and an angle grinder and welder.  Oh I also have a very large very yellow 67 Chevy pickup with a 300hp 5.7L V8 in it.  I'm loving the Aston, my dream car (big style lottery win!) is an Aston DB4GT Zagato.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
adz1973
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aston is well smart Smile

But its the Skyline that does it for me. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawn wrote:
(I have two MK2 Cavaliers) Also used to own an '82 Trans Am in black with Crager SS split rims

Sweet. My little brother loves his v8's, he used to have a Camaro z28 (iroc?) that had a 5.7 v8 in it. He now has some yank pick up truck with a big petrol v8 in it.

He's building this kit car at the mo, any one care to hazard a guess as to what it is?

Big ole tyres!
Philp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging by the tape on the box I'd say an Ultima GTR.  NIce cars, we had a few come to my local cruise, all with smal block chevys in and they are blisteringly fast.

JustinR34

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philp wrote:
Judging by the tape on the box I'd say an Ultima GTR.  NIce cars, we had a few come to my local cruise, all with smal block chevys in and they are blisteringly fast.

Rolling Eyes sigh, didn't notice that box, even looked to make sure it wasn't there  Laughing
He has a v8 to go in it, it's at the tuning shop at the moment being rebored. Not sure if they're rebuilding it or if he'll build it once it's been bored out. It was a v8 from a power boat and was seized solid - pretty sure he said it was a chevy lump.

He had the engine stripped down and powder coated it... orange  Shocked He is on about having the shell orange too.

His insparation for the orange was from this Ultima we saw at the Le Mans 24hr race.

As if the power to weight ratio wasn't good enough already with the v8 he is also sticking this on top  Cool

It's a 144 b&m blower, if that means anything to anyone. (I know more about turbo's than blowers so have no idea what sort of extra power this will give)
Dawn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 16:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly a sports car, but this is my favourite Cav. I've owned it for over 21years and was taught to drive in it.

And here is the imfamous Trans Am. Sorry about picture qulaity on this one, but I haven't any digital pics of the car, it's a scan.

MR2Pete

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pic of mine
Owned it from new now 11 years old
Fitted a turbo to it last winter, now very pleasingly fast

Philp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustinR34 wrote:
Philp wrote:

Rolling Eyes sigh, didn't notice that box, even looked to make sure it wasn't there  Laughing
He has a v8 to go in it, it's at the tuning shop at the moment being rebored. Not sure if they're rebuilding it or if he'll build it once it's been bored out. It was a v8 from a power boat and was seized solid - pretty sure he said it was a chevy lump.

He had the engine stripped down and powder coated it... orange  Shocked He is on about having the shell orange too.

His insparation for the orange was from this Ultima we saw at the Le Mans 24hr race.

As if the power to weight ratio wasn't good enough already with the v8 he is also sticking this on top  Cool

It's a 144 b&m blower, if that means anything to anyone. (I know more about turbo's than blowers so have no idea what sort of extra power this will give)

Yeah thats a small block chevy, standard block colour is orange!  Mine could do with a coat of paint, not sure how powdercoat will hold up to block temps, they get pretty damn hot especially with a blower on.  As to power how long is a piece of string, a small block can be anything from a paltry 125hp from a smog era 350ci strangled by loads of emission control gear to 1000hp from a full on forced induction race motor.  Mines putting out an estimated 300ish hp and probably 400 ft/lb of torque, I'd say he's got to be looking at 400hp+ depending on spec but its the trque that will wipe the floor with your high revving jap motors.

I'm halfway through some top end work on mine going from a standard cast iron inlet manifold to a tuned aluminium one, swapping from points to electronic ignition and some dress up stuff.

From this

The rusty valve covers are being replaced with a set of these which have now been polished and will have the top between the ribs painted black soon.

Should make it a more reliable starter (which has just been replaced with a high torque starter!) and release a few more ponies.

JustinR34

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawn wrote:
Not exactly a sports car, but this is my favourite Cav. I've owned it for over 21years and was taught to drive in it.

And here is the imfamous Trans Am. Sorry about picture qulaity on this one, but I haven't any digital pics of the car, it's a scan.

That's bloody tidy! My uncle used to have one, I think. SRI 120? Does that sound like a Cav from that era?
Does the Trans Am have the Knight Rider style light on the front?  Razz Love the styling of American motors, just hate LHD's. When I was driving my brothers truck it felt like I was driving in the hedge but then I could also hear the rumble as I was going over the cats eyes in the middle of the road. So when a artic-truck came past it's safe to say I was sh**ing a brick!  Crying or Very sad
JustinR34

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philp wrote:

Yeah thats a small block chevy, standard block colour is orange!  Mine could do with a coat of paint, not sure how powdercoat will hold up to block temps, they get pretty damn hot especially with a blower on.  As to power how long is a piece of string, a small block can be anything from a paltry 125hp from a smog era 350ci strangled by loads of emission control gear to 1000hp from a full on forced induction race motor.  Mines putting out an estimated 300ish hp and probably 400 ft/lb of torque, I'd say he's got to be looking at 400hp+ depending on spec but its the trque that will wipe the floor with your high revving jap motors.

I'm halfway through some top end work on mine going from a standard cast iron inlet manifold to a tuned aluminium one, swapping from points to electronic ignition and some dress up stuff.

Should make it a more reliable starter (which has just been replaced with a high torque starter!) and release a few more ponies.

I'm sure he didn't know they were orange as standard, so I guess he was kinda lucky picking that colour.
I thought that powder coat was more durable than paint? I thought the process of powder coating was to heat the metal then the powder gets sprayed on and it would bind with the metal.

I know my Skyline wouldn't stand a chance against a decent V8 Sad all my power is from the turbo, the v8 has it from the word GO!
Power from the straight 6's have come a long way though, check this clip out. It's a drag Skyline that started out tuned but then went the hole hog and had the tubular space frame etc etc. It's now (I think) the worlds fastest for it's class.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMb38KAlB3o
JustinR34

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

MR2Pete wrote:
Pic of mine

Did you have to do much engine work for the turbo or is it a bolt on low pressure kit? I did buy a set of Weisco forged pistons for my skyline but then decided it was much cheaper to go for 400hp rather than 480hp which would of required the forged pistons, a top mount manifold, custom downpipe, a large overdraft  Laughing .... it's a bloody money pit.

I had an MR2 G-Limited (mk2), bought it thinking it was a turbo Sad but it wasn't. It was probably the best handling car I'd ever bought but it wasn't all that fast, it felt like it was restricted somehow. Sold it after a month and bought a D-Series Honda CRX mk2 then after that I had the mk2 B-Series CRX V-Tec. Verry nippy little cars.
RBUCKINGHAM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 14:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustinR34 wrote:
MR2Pete wrote:
Pic of mine

Did you have to do much engine work for the turbo or is it a bolt on low pressure kit? I did buy a set of Weisco forged pistons for my skyline but then decided it was much cheaper to go for 400hp rather than 480hp which would of required the forged pistons, a top mount manifold, custom downpipe, a large overdraft  Laughing .... it's a bloody money pit.

I had an MR2 G-Limited (mk2), bought it thinking it was a turbo Sad but it wasn't. It was probably the best handling car I'd ever bought but it wasn't all that fast, it felt like it was restricted somehow. Sold it after a month and bought a D-Series Honda CRX mk2 then after that I had the mk2 B-Series CRX V-Tec. Verry nippy little cars.

no engine work really required with most of the turbo setups for these engines. only have to start thinking about engine work if going past the 300bhp really. however the stock clutch is not much good past 200bhp. im still saving for my 2zz supercharger just to be different  Wink

Black 2.8 MK1 LWB Slowly being modded Twisted Evil
MR2Pete

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 22:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustinR34 wrote:
MR2Pete wrote:
Pic of mine

No engine work required as such, reaching 195 bhp from 138 bhp on standard kit, which is plenty fast enough, the next add ons are piggyback ecu, cooling system, boost controller etc.
But to get over 200 bhp you would require a new sports clutch and some serious extra bracing.
Very pleased with it now so will be leaving well alone  Very Happy
Pete
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other interests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: