4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Fault finding the SOTF system.

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 0:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan @ Independent Isuzu should be able to supply you with working reliable second hand VSV's .. even to the US.

http://www.independentisuzu.co.uk/contact-us.html

If from a dealer. The front axle Grey and Blue valve assembly part number is 8-97101858-1

However any blue or grey VSV will work from another system (such as EGR's on a 3.1TD or 2.8TD.

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 0:46    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

cjn1098

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the help.
flash54

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 21:19    Post subject: 2wd Reply with quote

Not sure if this is the place to post this question my trooper when in 2wd doesn't show when its in 2wd if the lights are good in dash what should i look for i do know the old owner has the front axle hooked up manually with a vacuum line and bypassed the VSV hookup the blue one
moonoroof

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 22:05    Post subject: 4WD Light Flashing Reply with quote

I have a nice 2001 3.0L LWB Citation (it's for sale) with the green light continually flashing.
Thanks to Rhangar's very imformative post, I was hopeful that it could be sorted.
Got my Indie to have look, and the first thing he done was to remove the central console ( there's a lovely virgin white duvet down in there Very Happy) to get access to the 2 valves.
Nothing there, except 2 connections, one of which was for the reversing light and the other, unknown.
Up on the ramp and get the front cover off. Checked the connections to the valves on the front axle, all nice and shining, just like new.
Stop for a cup of tea and a smoke ( recommended by Rhangar Very Happy) and then have another look.
The valve going into the front axle has the wires in a protective sleeve, so he slit it: Bingo Laughing broken wire right at the bitumen part of the connection. Soldered back in place ( I'm in the vehicle up on the ramp) turn the ignition on, the lights still flashing.
Check another connection in the same area, one of the ones he'd checked earlier, broken wire again. Joined, light out.
Sorted. Very Happy
AmanToor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this same problem, but cannot see any of the photos in this thread to help resolve this problem, please bear with me, I am a newbie!
drew m

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a sticky in computer bytes section which tells you how to get photo bucket pictures back.
Drew.
boyce

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having the same problem with my frontera constant flashing light till I press the button the light stays on replaced all vac pipes. Have vac at one pipe then tried the button did not swap over tested vsv’s with battery seem to be working no power on blue or grey plug does anyone no where the ecu is so I can trace new wires and see if that works. Many thanks
boyce

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

boyce wrote:
I am having the same problem with my frontera constant flashing light till I press the button the light stays on replaced all vac pipes. Have vac at one pipe then tried the button did not swap over tested vsv’s with battery seem to be working no power on blue or grey plug does anyone no where the ecu is so I can trace new wires and see if that works. Hope this makes sense  Many thanks
boyce

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still can’t get power to the vsv I was wondering what people thoughts are on pulling a wire from behind the switch and connecting it straight to the vsv so it has power when not pressed then no power once pressed many thanks.
amitaiko

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 18:56    Post subject: Re: Fault finding the SOTF system. Reply with quote

Hi,
Sorry for renewing such an old thread.
I'm hearing some strange noises coming from the front actuator and would like to drain it than open it up and check inside.
Disconnecting the switch and vacuum hoses as well as the mounting bolts seems easy.
However:
1. is there a part number for the gasket that should come there? This is what I can see in the manual, but is there a specific part number for it?

2. How do I re fill the housing with oil? I saw "The filler for the housing is at the back of the housing and is a normal sump plug" but couldn't find it there? Anyone has a picture of it?
Thanks
Amitai
1996, 3.2, SOHC, Trooper
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: