4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

CB just about there

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Radio communications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:35    Post subject: CB just about there Reply with quote

bought new coaxe cable and ends soldered the ends rewiered it back along the same route tied a bit o string around the old cable at he consol area   cut the end of the old cable attached the string wi black leccy tape pulled the old cable out  got the string attached the string to the new cable and connector pulled and pushed the string and new cable  untill it came up through the cb box .. saved me a bit o work  bought a new swr meter  ..attached it to the the radio and it works when the mike is keyed  i can hear people on 19 &21 ue channel

i asked for a 19 swr check   got a reply loud and clear
also got a breaker,s on city bypass  bad v\a use alternative route i replyed got answer back  ( sometimes at 2 sometimes in the red area)
i think my  i dont know if my antena needs to be shortened a wee bit as.. i cant make head nor tail of these instructions
see when it come to instructions on paper  it is like gobble de *beep*  to me
i still have the swr attached to the unit
a wee bit o help.. please.. almost there dont want to mess up my cb as i cant afford to buy another one  Wink
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:35    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

bun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANY HELP PLEASE
bun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

19 copy Laughing
volksjim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

once you check the swr you should remove the meter // i take it your talking about the in line meter used to check the swr???? what kind of arial you using??
markymoan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turn the switch on the swr to REF then key up, turn the dial on the swr until the needle it up to SET, then flick the switch to FWD for the reading.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 23:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can not get it to swr you can get what is called a matcher box.
This sets the swr by turning the knobs to the Wright settings.
I had one and it worked well connected to my York rig with a 6ft modulator antenna.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Radio communications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: