QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Fuel pump Bleeding plug - 3.1TD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickpoland

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:13    Post subject: Fuel pump Bleeding plug - 3.1TD Reply with quote

Hi guys

We've been using bio-diesel here for a bit and, following general views on use of alternative fuels, decided to change the fuel filter today as I expect a lot of rubbish to have been cleared from the fuel tank. We had the lumpy running occasionally stalls problem.

No problem changing the filter but according to the 'bible' I need to bleed the fuel filter and pump by bleeding at the fuel pump whilst pumping the priming pump - sounds easy but I'm not clear where the bleeding plug is on the fuel pump.  And not mentioned in the 4JG2 section about fuel system.

Can you point me in the right direction where to find it please.  The Monty runs much better now with the new fuel filter but still concerned that there may be air in the filter and/or pump so want to do the bleeding anyway.

Pics or clear idea of where to look would be great

thanks from Poland
RICK
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:13    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

greenwolverine

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick
I am searching for the very same answer on various forums and when I find it I'll let you know, if no-one else does.
Further on in the manual at p. 409 at "Air Bleeding" there is a number 1 pointing to the bottom of the filter
I wonder if that is a clue.
Dirk
TrooperDan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

really easy  Cool  its in the middle of the 4 injector pipes. imagine the centre dot on the five dots on a dice. 10 or 12mm socket on an xtension bar. if you just drained the filter, hand priming should be enough.
greenwolverine

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:29    Post subject: Newbie fuel filter change bighorn 3.1 4Jg2 Reply with quote

Here are my notes on my first fuel filter change.

In Canada my replacement filter was a NAPA Gold 3128 that cost $55

1. Undid the two fuel lines and marked 'in' and 'out'. Plugged them.

Watch out for vacuum tubes coming undone around the filter!

2. undid the two 12 mm bolts on the housing so that the filter and water level sensor could be lifted out

3. unclipped the sensor wire from its harness

4. drained the filter into 2l plastic bottle by opening little tap at the bottom and letting fuel drain through the pipe.

5. unscrewed filter from top housing by hand

6. Unscrewed plastic water sensor by hand

7 Cleaned everything thoroughly.

8 Screwed water sensor into new filter after lubing the ring

9 Lubed rubber ring on new filter and screwed it back into housing. Add 2/3 turn after initial contact. No tools needed. Hands are good.

10 Reconnected wiring and rebolted the whole thing back into the frame

11 Joined up the inflow line and pumped until fuel flowed from the 'out' line

12. Did my best not to let air into outflow line when reconnecting it, but whether or not any air got in was difficult to establish

13. Started up and idled fine. But air was in there somewhere because on the test drive it kept cutting out.

14. Back home, opened the 12 mm bleeding bolt on the injector pump. As described in the previous post it is right in the centre of the 4 outflow lines facing the firewall. Some socket acrobatics necessary.

15. Mine was blocked and wouldn't let fuel/air out when the hand pump was worked.

16. Bravado / ignorance made me start up and once engine was running the fuel and remaining air squirted out with abandon.

17. Tightened up the bleeding nut and bingo.
cai876

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never bothered with bleeding at the injector pump, I have never needed to. I have always bleeded at the filter housing.

Tyres 265/75 R16 BFG MT KM2
Suckin' Veg Oil Baby!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: