All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

3.0DT Power

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 15:34    Post subject: 3.0DT Power Reply with quote

It may just be me ... my motor seems to be very sluggish until the Turbo hits around 1500rpm then woosh and before you know what has hit you its time for another gear. Is this standard for the 3.0DT motors?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 15:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

leekage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 0:00    Post subject: 3.0 dt power Reply with quote

Yes this is normal for the 3.0 this isn't an isuzu engine its made by catapillar you'll find its flat as a fart when cold aswell unlike the 3.1 isuzu engine.
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the reply... this morning was the coldest so far since i bought it - sunny lancashire was not so sunny and it run like a slug.

When it warms up its great - pulls like a train even with 3ton of Ifor box on the back.
Hard1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 15:37    Post subject: Re: 3.0 dt power Reply with quote

leekage wrote:
Yes this is normal for the 3.0 this isn't an isuzu engine its made by catapillar you'll find its flat as a fart when cold aswell unlike the 3.1 isuzu engine.

Hmm, don't think it was actually made by Cat although they did the design work on the brilliant/*beep* injection system depending on your viewpoint/experiences! I may be wrong though and stand ready to be corrected.
When it's running right, it's a brilliant motor. Very powerful. I should imagine you could have that "lag" chipped out couldn't you?

Click HERE to see under my bonnet!
wgjones

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Dont want to worry you but I recently had a problem with my 3.0 duty, it turned out to be the oil pressure sensor. The first problem I noticed was it ran like tractor until warm as if the turbo was not kicking in, since having the sensor changed it's like *beep* off a shovel even when cold. Maybe it just feels like that because it ran so bad for so long.
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much was the sensor? Is it something easy to do or a garage job? And are there any recommendations for garages in Lancashire area?
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may just be me... but i seem to notice a lot of black smoke even from "normal" driving - IM say no outstanding campaigns and i have not seen any increase in oil levels etc.
The car did have an engine rebuild in february before i bought it... work totalling £3500 including new turbo.
It does drive fine - a little jerky in traffic and zero power until warm.

Ideas?
siweb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 17:08    Post subject: Re: 3.0 dt power Reply with quote

Hard1 wrote:
leekage wrote:

Hmm, don't think it was actually made by Cat although they did the design work on the brilliant/*beep* injection system depending on your viewpoint/experiences! I may be wrong though and stand ready to be corrected.
When it's running right, it's a brilliant motor. Very powerful. I should imagine you could have that "lag" chipped out couldn't you?

So thanks to CAT (who should know better) they kinda gave Isuzu a bad name, well there engine at least,
I wonder who pays for the recall work to be done then? cat or Isuzu, both?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris,
Maybe you have got to the root of your engine problem now, but if not it may be worth looking at the EGR valve. Sure that has been mentioned before on the forum. Have just had the one on my engine unplugged by the dealer to see if that is the cause of its sluggish performance.
Now there is (more) black smoke and the engine seems to take a little longer to warm up. Both of these may just be my perception though! Not convinced it has cured my problem though. Any other suggestions?
Cheers
Webby

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having just written the reply above now noticed the more recient thread. So guess you have probably already had the EGR brought to your attention!
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still the same if not worse... im going back to the garage i bought it from this weekend. I have started to notice a serious delay between pressing the accelerator and the engine responding... i know its a diesel but its as if i have to wait for pressure to build somewhere before the engine gets fuel.
Spoke to another local dealer the other day who reckons i should expect a letter for the injectors but nothing else! This contradicts IM and the next nearest dealer who told me to expect a letter for the ceramic cabin heater.

Im confused Question Question

The bad starting has been really noticable recently with the cold weather - the damn thing starts on two/three cylinders and is very lumpy and rough until warm Sad
Hard1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 17:44    Post subject: Re: 3.0 dt power Reply with quote

Quote:

So thanks to CAT (who should know better) they kinda gave Isuzu a bad name, well there engine at least,
I wonder who pays for the recall work to be done then? cat or Isuzu, both?

We think possibly both although there's absolutely no proof of this, just that Isuzu has suddenly started being reasonable about warranty claims on the 3.0 when before, they were stonewalling to a large degree, so it's quite possibly that cat have coughed if you get my meaning...

Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys - just a quick update... it has been back to the garage and has been plugging into their computer (tech2?) all is apparantly fine. I have noticed its a little better filling up from Morrisons instead of Texaco?? Strange but true. However it still kicks out quite a bit of black smoke under normal driving - any ideas?
Hard1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 18:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Beesley wrote:
Hi Guys - just a quick update... it has been back to the garage and has been plugging into their computer (tech2?) all is apparantly fine. I have noticed its a little better filling up from Morrisons instead of Texaco?? Strange but true. However it still kicks out quite a bit of black smoke under normal driving - any ideas?

About your black smoke not really - most turbo diesels kick out a puff of black smoke on initial acceleration and then again if you nail it after a period of steady state running, but how much is too much? I would say if it failed the MOT test and the fuel consumption was way over the norm. Apart from that I wouldn't worry.

As for your fuel supplier - the yanks are convinced that different "brews" from various manufacturers affect the motors and consumption/performance variously, whilst others on here are adamant it comes from the same suppliers anyway so is basically all the same. I don't subscribe to that and have better results out of Tesco than almost anything else.

Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sailed through an MOT only 6 weeks ago ... and i would say it was the same back then.
I do plenty of motorway miles and am currently getting 500 miles (ish) from a full tank so fuel consumption is pretty good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: