All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Lowering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spottedhaggis

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 18:47    Post subject: Lowering Reply with quote

Hi all,

It turns out I am not likely to do much off roading in my bighorn, cant afford the repair bills, lol, and the wife moans about that, so I want to lower mine a little to improve on its handling capabilities.

What do I need to do, I assume lower spings would be the obvious way, if so, is this something that anyone can do ?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 18:47    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Philp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presumably at the front you can just crank the torsion bars the opposite way to most people to lower it, the back you may have to get some custom springs made as you're unlikely to be able to find any lowering stuff off the shelf, I don't know, big stereo, slamming it, next you'll be getting some 22 inch wheels, tinting the windows and playing Gangsta rap at high volumes.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
fifth4x4

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watch the speed humps if you do lower it!!! We've got new speed humps on the road into our estate. My other half was following me the other day and noticed that if I drove over them in the centre of my wheels then there isn't much clearance between the diff and hump. Also I would worry about resale ?
The PIG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't worry bout the resale once lowered, some PIMP will buy it from you Laughing Laughing
more x 4

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

lowering the suspension wont do anything with the diff,and pimp me bigger rims will actually raise the diffs Wink
Philp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, bigger rims will leave the diff at the same height if they go with pimpin' low profile rubber on it, keeping the rolling radius the same. Different reason for big rims than us mud lovers.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: