QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Derby bash 2011

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events - ideas, reviews and photos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hillbilly col
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

few more pics

must admit i do like this pic of your truck will.....must be the scenery that makes it lol  Laughing  Laughing

took us longer than 1st group to get down 'stanage' as one of the bonnet up's grounded his axel out on a pebbleso myself rebelpaul and mikT had to wait a while half way down to make sure they got down ok  Wink  Laughing
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

MikT725

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some nice pics there Col  Very Happy
Redneckriceburner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

hillbilly col wrote:
Redneckriceburner wrote:
How come I typed J33P in the last post and it replaced it with 4x4 so when you type Land Rover does it replace it with bonnet up, now that would be impressive...LOL Or 3.0L Trooper should read "broken down awaiting some easy start"... Sorry Col!!!

4x4, 4x4, 4x4, 4x4.....

and here's me thinking you were mechanicly minded  Confused
a few pointers for you :- 'EASY START' is basicly an octane booster that boost petrol octane and needs a spark to ignite it
as technically advanced as my 3ltr is ....it has neither of these..petrol or spark plugs...for best results it is best sprayed directly into air intake on carbauretta or directly down spark plug holes...again as mine is a diesel it has neither of these
i could spray some in the direct air intake but by the time it's went through the turbo..intercooler..and various other pipes
i don't think it would be much good by the time it got to the engine  Razz  Razz  Razz
just as well your a computer expert ...as you wouldn't make much of a living as a mechanic  Razz  Razz  Razz

And there's me thinking you were clued up!!! Shocked
Easy Start is not just for petrols, in fact it is manly designed for diesels and people use it when the glow plugs have packed in when they get similar symptoms as a 3.0L has normally, turning over but no go go...LOL They used to use it alot on old tractors and plant machines in cold weather, it can start diesels with low compression due to ring or valve leakage. It has a few main components which are Diethyl Ether, Isohexane and propane all of which will go bang without a spark in a Diesel engine, the used to say engines get addicted to this and will not start without it but in reality it's just the engine has a fault usually low compression which is getting worse with use. When I took my degree in mechanical engineering they explained this to us, and when I did my degree in chemical technology I learned about the components within Easy Start and I have to admit my degree in computer science is not much use here but it does keep me in a job, they don't call me one of the 3 degrees for nothing..... LOL   Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Sandhippie81

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

DYLAN wrote:
Have you chatted to Jodie yet Gaz? I noticed she added you on FB Rolling Eyes

Our meet might have blossomed a romance boys (and girls) Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Yes Dil i have mate thanks for asking ha, "ITOC Bring people together"  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

geek
markymoan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

In answer to the j33p question, we got miffed off with people using the word as a generic word for 4x4 so we sort of made it so  Smile
I did once make land rover '1950's tractor' but that was only for a few hours and to annoy 1 person, other than that the swear filter is standard Amish  Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

We might be laning a bit more often if you move to the house in the woods Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
Redneckriceburner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 13:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

markymoan wrote:
In answer to the j33p question, we got miffed off with people using the word as a generic word for 4x4 so we sort of made it so  Smile
I did once make land rover '1950's tractor' but that was only for a few hours and to annoy 1 person, other than that the swear filter is standard Amish  Laughing

Personally it does not bother me but I know on most Landy forums they get well upset so I always call my Landy a J33p to watch them stress  Laughing  Laughing  They don't like my description of Defenders either (You have to be a Bender to drive a Defender) or a Deafener, you can see them in the show rooms ordering their new Defenders, Hi please can I have one of them Discovery things with rubbish heaters, no sound proofing, less MPG, uncomfortable seats, doors that flap in the wind, a dashboard made from recycled milk tray cartons, off set pedels and a steering wheel to close to the door so I have to wind the window down to steer when driving! Yes sir we have the exact model you require here it's called the Defender and comes with a free cheese grater for you to rub on your d*ck you sado masochist, and for the privilege we are going to charge you a few grand extra for all the bits we have removed, then they buy it and spend thousands putting in sound proofing, buying a hole for the stereo (yes you can buy a hole LOL), buying comfy seats when really they should of just bought a Discovery to start with. At this point they normally start screaming abuse but it's funny..... Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
DYLAN

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 13:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a landie owner Wink They should all be like you Will. Wink  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
Sandhippie81

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree dyl, tho the 88 an 109s still have a place in my heart.
Slate
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a lot of fun. The nearest I got to off roading this weekend was taking my Space Cruiser on the beach at Weston  Laughing
Still, its more than your average 4x4 owner!
The photos you've posted make me both in awe and scared in equal measures. The scenery looks fantastic. I'm looking forward to more pictures.
Things are dragging there feet for me atm, but thats what happens where solicitors are involved, but I should at least get my Trooper before Xmas, or the forums next bank hol meet.
adz1973
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

DYLAN wrote:
What a landie owner Wink They should all be like you Will. Wink  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

Wonder if he will be the owner of a riceburner soon. Come on Will get one you know it makes sense. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 23:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

adz1973 wrote:
DYLAN wrote:

Wonder if he will be the owner of a riceburner soon. Come on Will get one you know it makes sense. Very Happy

Told Col ages ago I would have one but I know nothing about them, if anything goes wrong with my Disco's (which it does alot) at least I can fix it, the modification side of things does not bother me as I can get winch bumpers, rock slides, racks and ladders made to spec within a couple of days but ask me how to fit them and I would not have a clue, used to have a 2.8 Frontera Sport and I did the cam belt and it took me about 4 hours, I could have my Disco cambelt fitted and a new clutch in that time...LOL I have been looking at them on autotrader and thinking of the 3.0Ltr  Embarassed as I like the facelifted look, a SWB with some 35" tyres and lockers front and rear would go well when it starts  Laughing but the 3.1 is like the 300TDi in design simple old engineering and I prefer that to 128 ECU's controlling everything from the sunroof to the 8000+ PSI injectors. I am looking an thinking LOL. This one looks well and is not so far from me but it say's it is a 3.1 Confused  Confused ??? Thought they stopped doing them about 1998?
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201123390083466/sort/pricedesc/usedcars/quantity-of-doors/3/model/trooper/make/isuzu/radius/1500/postcode/wn60ru/page/1?logcode=p
rebelpaul

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikT725 wrote:
Some nice pics there Col  Very Happy

Agreed  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

swb 3.1 with 2 inch lift and 12000lb winch
running 31-10.5-r15 fedima extremes.
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good pics indeed Col.... Cool  Very proffessional.. Very Happy  (NOT taking the p!55... Laughing )

Will,could be that it started life as a 3.0 but has had a 3.1 transplant,quite a few like that around now.Ask "Richard Wilkinson" for any detail as he's had his done.
Most important thing with the 3.0,It is a great engine  Very Happy ,aside from recalls etc etc,RAC card,as one or two of us know   Embarassed
hillbilly col
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redneckriceburner wrote:
adz1973 wrote:
DYLAN wrote:

Told Col ages ago I would have one but I know nothing about them, if anything goes wrong with my Disco's (which it does alot) at least I can fix it, the modification side of things does not bother me as I can get winch bumpers, rock slides, racks and ladders made to spec within a couple of days but ask me how to fit them and I would not have a clue, used to have a 2.8 Frontera Sport and I did the cam belt and it took me about 4 hours, I could have my Disco cambelt fitted and a new clutch in that time...LOL I have been looking at them on autotrader and thinking of the 3.0Ltr  Embarassed as I like the facelifted look, a SWB with some 35" tyres and lockers front and rear would go well when it starts  Laughing but the 3.1 is like the 300TDi in design simple old engineering and I prefer that to 128 ECU's controlling everything from the sunroof to the 8000+ PSI injectors. I am looking an thinking LOL. This one looks well and is not so far from me but it say's it is a 3.1 Confused  Confused ??? Thought they stopped doing them about 1998?
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201123390083466/sort/pricedesc/usedcars/quantity-of-doors/3/model/trooper/make/isuzu/radius/1500/postcode/wn60ru/page/1?logcode=p

prob a misprint ...... i wou;dn't pay 7grand for an 03 trooper with 80,000 miles on it never mind for a one that might of been converted to a 3.1 ....only paid 5k for mine when it was 6yr old with only 60k on it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events - ideas, reviews and photos All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: