QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

power steering fluid change

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STUGGY6

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 0:23    Post subject: power steering fluid change Reply with quote

Hi can anyone tell me the quickest way to renew the power steering fluid in my Irmsher 3.1 trooper..........giving it a treat and changing all its fluids but never done the power steering before.....any help appreciated.........had a search through the forums plenty on leaking power steering but 0 on fluid change.

thanks in advance Twisted Evil
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 0:23    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Philp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Difficult to do, I guess you could remove the low pressure return line from the pump, plug the pump connection and turn the steering wheel with the engine running whilst topping up the fluid and catching the stuff from the return line. Messy job and don't let the pump run dry. You may need to beleed air out afterwards, best way to do this is jack the front end up so the wheels are free to turn, top up the pump, leave the cap of, slowly turn lock to lock and back again. Turn off leave for an hour, repeat until no more air belches out and steering is quiet, topping up as required.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
STUGGY6

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless there is an easier way me thinks i will be leaving the fluid in there!!!..........but thank you for the reply.........if i do decide to go ahead i will let you know how i got on Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: