4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Lotus Edition Bighorn FOR SALE

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carl-Brit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 21:59    Post subject: Lotus Edition Bighorn FOR SALE Reply with quote

Picked it up less than a week ago the first thing i'v done is washed and waxed it ready to get muddy Laughing then i decided to take it to the lake district yesterday to have a play and get used to driving it we went over kirkstone pass wyrnose/hardknot pass and back over again before calling it a day 10hours non stop driving pretty much and i loved it Very Happy i now know just how well it has been maintained 4 wheel drive low and high working perfectly up the steep ascent and decents with 4 of us in it it just kept going being my first 4x4 i was really impressed with its capabilities...

Here is a few pictures i took the rest i will upload when my friend sends them over

just waxed

trying to see how far my suspention will travel without the cab leaning over too much..

one thing i noticed was the lack of articulation on the wheels looking around the forum other bighorns seem to have a lot more movement in there wheels over obstacles while the cabs stay pretty level is this the lotus pack stopping my suspention flex ?

over the course of the day only 2 things broke on it the first was the passenger window decided to come out of its frame somehow so it was stuck halfway down all day why it was raining heavily (it was quite amusing driving through puddles and watching the gf and mates get wet) and the other i think was a rusty heatshield thing or a piece of exhaust section fell off i checked all the undercarriage but couldn't see anything missing it could have allready been on the road i just heard it thud about underneath as we went over it Confused

Last edited by Carl-Brit on Thu May 03, 2012 17:09; edited 1 time in total
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 21:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

gary820
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tidy looking truck mate. Same colour as my old troop  Very Happy
Other ones on here might be Modded hence more articulation, poss the  lotus pack but someone else will know more about that.
Carl-Brit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

some more pictures my mate took it shows a bit more travel but the wheel was still way off the arch while sat on top of a high rock.

Last edited by Carl-Brit on Tue Oct 11, 2011 17:19; edited 1 time in total
gary820
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

You talking front or rear?
Carl-Brit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

front i'v not really checked the rear yet
gary820
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 22:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tbh you won't get massisve movement out of the front, the anti roll bar will limit it, I don't know what you get with the lotus stuff if it makes the suspension stiffer??

You can get good front end movement with mods but it'll always be limited compared to a live axle.
Carl-Brit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh so its the rear that will do most of the flexing Im still learning and very new to the whole offroading stuff  Embarassed at least i know theres nothing wrong with the travel now from the bits and pieces of infomation i'v found the lotus pack is different shockers badges steering wheel definatly but could also be springs arb stiffness and other things its a shame theres no good source of info to what is different is between standard troopers and all the different packs...
gary820
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah seems fine what yours is doing mate. The rear does most of the 'work'  
There'll be plenty pics of other trucks on here and you'll see what I mean, even my sig pic which is my old truck shows the difference between the 2 axles
chikoroll

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 23:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

as a photo for you regarding the maximum up and down travel of the front end, you will never get it travelling like that on ramp situation, have to get it cross axled to do get the ifs working properly

clicky the photo

^ in this photo, the only reason the front is flexing as it is, is because the rear end is almost maxxing out, drivers side down, passenger side up
if the rear was flat, the cab would be tilting over to the passengers side, and the front end would be parallel
98 Holden Jackaroo LWB, 3.0T/D (Australia)
94 Holden Jackaroo LWB, 3.1T/D (Australia)
markymoan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres a nice ford in Little Langdale, we was up there a few weeks ago  Cool
If you ever fancy camping and laning around there then give us a shout  Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 15:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for clearing that up for me guys, thats a cool pic chiko  Very Happy

could anyone tell me what these buttons are meant to do too and when should they ideally be used ?

the norm/power i presume lets the auto box rev higher...

on the left (top) headlight washers,front or rear foglight (if its the rear its not working if its the front there is none yet) Laughing ,what would go in the empty space usually ?
to the right heated mirrors, fold away, and positioning switch
and below (left) i hear this is a diff heater if so what would i use it for ? and ont he right a orange button that dosen't seem to do anything im guessing it was a mod for auxillery lights maybee...

left heated rear screen, wiper and jet, and the turn dial increases the revs on tick over but what would that be used for cold starting in the winter ?
Carl-Brit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gave the suspention and chassis some TLC over the weekend and i found some spare carbon wrap so i decided to do the wiper arms as they looked pretty scruffy and i was too lazy to primer paint and wait for them to dry Laughing did the same thing on my civic too i like the finish it gives but not to everyones taste i can imagine.

PS. why can't we edit posts on this site Shocked *pulls hair out*
TrooperDan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

- picture of a front fog/driving light (cables and plugs should be there to plug lights in to but could be tucked up. It may have had a new bumper)
- coily thing is the quick warm up switch - search forum before pressing it and you'll understand why i say this
- red switch will be your rear fog that was added when imported
- missing switch could be the headlamp adjusters.
Carl-Brit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

got sick of the dog type smell so i ripped out the rear carpet (which was bald and stained not a nice sight) and covered over the front foot wells and middle ones with new carpet  Cool

before

also changed all the interior lights with new ones for the doors i stayed with the bulb type to iluminate the full unit (the led type only lit up the centre) for the reading lights up top i got some smd's with 9LEDS on each 360 light output.
hillbilly col
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 17:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a really nice job you've done with the carpets ....seem's a shame to get them muddy now lol  Laughing  Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: