QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Yorkshire Dales 26th November

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Green Laning / Offroading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hillbilly col
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redneckriceburner wrote:
hillbilly col wrote:
cobra rob wrote:
hmmmmmmmmmm u chaps are officially insane, Very Happy ................................. I love it.

I take it you chaps rip out the interior of these vehicles and dont use em as everyday transport,

nope mines still fully kitted out and is my everday transport ... well it was up until that point lol  Laughing  Laughing

Yep I agree it is fully kitted out, I put a shower in the back of my Disco, Col had to go one better and have a bath in his...LOL It will live again, Col over Christmas we are going to come up to yours and give you a lift getting it up and running, it's not going to be "scrapped" it's the only 3.0l that I have seen running. It will take us a couple of days but we can rebuild it. Any guys on here got any tips for doing the head on a 3.0l it would be much appreciated!!! Let's get Col back on the road again it would not be the same going on the trips without "Blue Thunder" rattling it's way along the lanes...LOL See you over Christmas Col and I prefer bacon butties to turkey....LOL

CHEERS mate but befor you rush up (140 mile is quite a hike for a LR  Razz ) i'm going to try putting old  (snapped) plugs in like you said and see if i can get the beast started but as it's christmas this all depends on when steve is available to open factory unit up for me......plus if head needs to come of i havent got a gasket kit yet ..... but your still more than welcome to come up .... best get house tidyed up lol  Laughing  Laughing

p.s BIG thanks to dan and anyone else for their offer of help

pps .... dad had another set back this wk so unless he dramaticly improves over the rest of the wk we're not confident he'll be out for christmas and visiting him will take priority over my truck
i've been a reasonably good boy this yr so god may just look favourably on me and get him out for christmas......i'd happily give up all my prezzies for this to happen (if your listening  angel5 )  Wink
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

hillbilly col
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

just been looking through some old pics of doing the same lane/fords .....the pics are of the 1st ford you have to cross and of me coming from opposite direction ...... as you can see from previous pics on this post the water was a little higher ...
done this lane several times and this is normally the water height lol  Wink

in second pic you can see there is a drop on pass side due to a 'big' hole....last time out i drove it opposite way and when i dropped into it the whole front of my truck dissapeared under water as mark (ecp) can confirm...(shame he didn't get pic of that bit) got through that bit no prob (only one that attempted it) everyone else took the slightly easier route to the left  Wink
zookburger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 13:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done this a few times this year.  After one dry spell you could carefully walk across the ford where you came to halt Col in waterproof walking boots and not get your feet wet Shocked

Sincerely hope you get what you want for Christmas Col Wink
TrooperDan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've posted some pics and a link to more from when I did the HG on mine.

its not good
Mick

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the 3.1 take any water in to the cab on the deep river crossing? or in to any of the electrics, if it did how much and where did it get in just so i can waterproof mine.
adz1973
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mick wrote:
Did the 3.1 take any water in to the cab on the deep river crossing? or in to any of the electrics, if it did how much and where did it get in just so i can waterproof mine.

None mate, all dry Wink

The water inside came out my boots when I had to open the gate on other side, water was about 8 inches deep.

Engine never missed a beat either. Wink
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

as long as truck is moving your normally fine ....water only tends to start coming in if you stop  Wink
Mick

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats good to know, not that i want to go quite that deep
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Green Laning / Offroading All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: