QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

soo....which is the really dodgy one? can someone clarify?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pinkellie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 13:34    Post subject: soo....which is the really dodgy one? can someone clarify? Reply with quote

I'm getting very fed up with various people sharing their 'expertise' to tell me my truck is going to blow up....or not! I'm currently driving a 3.0 2001 trooper with 140000 on the clock and its pretty much fine! I've had a 1995 citation and two of the old shape 2.8 ones fromy the 80s all with big mileage and all fine. Trouble is no two people seem to agree which is the one which blows up and surely by now all the recalls have been done. Can someone please clarify any of this? Instinct tells me am engine that's still sweet as a nut at 140000 is probably ok!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 13:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Greybeard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 14:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phone IM and ask them easy peasy
pinkellie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks! turns out mine had new injectors a part of the recall in 2010 and most of the stuff ive been told is a load of old cobblers as i thought!
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

you will at some point have an issue with starting, running on 3 and lack of power they all seem to do it at some point
TrooperDan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep it serviced well (5w30 fully synth) and the issues you will suffer will be easily fixed  Smile
CAE

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 22:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breakdowns are a thing of chance. Some engines may be more prone than others, but even ones that have known issues will be perfectly fine if serviced well. Change the il regularly - it's the lifeblood of the engine. You will reap rewards!

Your injectors have been done, so that isn't an issue - use good quality fuel, and never misfuel and they will go on for years on end. If the oil pick-up drops off as some suffer, drop the sump and push it back on - not an issue if you know what it is. The chances of that happening are slim - it isn't as if there are dozens every week on eebuygum with that issue - maybe one every couple of months, but considering the number of hard working troopers out there - it isn't a significant amount really!

Reduce risk, and look after the engine and it will go on forever...works for me! My last troops was running perfectly with 180k odd on, my old patrol had 576k and all fine, my other half even had a very reliable 1.8 freelander once - and that is unheard of!
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be frank no engine is "bullet/bomb proof"

Admittedly some will endure punishment better than others, but any engine well looked after, serviced, and treated well will last for years and years.

I am sure people never post breakdown issues of the 2.8 out of embarrassment that they broke what is supposedly an indestructible engine Very Happy

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

richard wilkinson

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 14:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
you will at some point have an issue with starting, running on 3 and lack of power they all seem to do it at some point

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this is god he knows but then he allso knowes how to fix em ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Laughing
eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: