Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

My trooper history

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mat13

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 22:28    Post subject: My trooper history Reply with quote

Right, so my first trooper was one that my dad originally bought as spares for my mums, but seeing as it had a bit of tax and test left on it i decided to run it through the winter. It was amazing in the snow, towing fully loaded arcticulated wagons out of our yard at work and getting me over the snake a few times.

However it was allways destined for scrap, the chassis was rotten and the arches were really bad, the engine though was the best ive driven in a trooper, pulled like a train and went like stink, was like a different engine to the one in my mums.

So i kept looking and ended up buying this gold one for a few hundred quid with a boiled engine. Fitted the engine from the old grey trooper in it over a weekend and got it on the road as my daily driver. A note to the wise, changing an engine when its minus 10 is not recomended.

As soon as it was finished i was off on a greenlaning trip to salisbury plain with my landrover club, even against all the highly modified 90s it held its own, not getting stuck and going everywhere they did, the only thing that let it down was the ground clearance, so i decided my first modification would be a taller set of tyres.

Towed my mates offroader to our local pay and play and had to rescue it from the middle of the course.

A few weeks later i decided to see how good the trooper was in the rough stuff so took it along to a pay and play, the car was completely standard and performed brilliantly.

I got my hands on a set of mitsubishi alloys, which have a lot bigger offset than the standard trooper rims, they came with a set of 265/70/16 bfg all terrains that were nearly bald, the tyres were slightyly too big though as they caught the arches on full articulation. I think the rims really suit the truck though.

By this time i had taken everything of value off the old trooper so it was sent off to the big scrapyard in the sky.

The gold one was pressed into service as my tow car, mainly used to transport my offroader

When i took it to the landrover owners show at stoneleigh park i decided it needed a little modification.....

All weekend all i got was stick that a trooper was no match for a landrover and that i wouldnt even get round the green route on the offroad course there, so i took it round the red route just to prove a point. A brand new set of kumho kl71 mud terrains and a rear lsd meant that the little trooper was going round the course where the lifted discos on huge daft tyres were really struggling.

I ran it for a few months after this, then unfortunately a piston ring failed, the engine started running on its own oil and blew itself to bits. So ive had to go out and get another one, this is a slightly newer one with the facelift interior and full electric leather, 180k on the clock so barely ran in! Ive fitted it with the wheels off the old one and i think it looks pretty smart.

Ive fitted a new clutch (horrible job, never want to do it again without a ramp) and a timing belt (piece of piss), then went for a play in the snow on top of the snake pass.

And thats it so far, im planning on removing the viscous fan and fitting an electric one, fitting a snorkel and possibly a lift.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 22:28    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DAVID's J99P
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one mate, There some Cool pic's of your troops Wink

David ltm47
Gribble

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy  Thats a really good set of pics and history there, nice one mat   Very Happy
murzzo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoroughly enjoyed that, tnx for sharing  Very Happy
Slate
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 13:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures mate. Love the Landrover recovery vehicle sticker lol
mat13

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 15:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im tempted to get another one of the landrover recovery stickers made up, i used to get a load of stick for it when i was taking my offroader to landrover shows on the trailer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: