All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

power supply to front axle vsvs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adamjeffrey80

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 23:18    Post subject: power supply to front axle vsvs Reply with quote

Hello,
       I'm a new owner of a 1995 isuzu bighorn 3.1 se with and auto box and tod selected by lever.
I've found the posts on here extremely useful and they have helped me to solve a few problems that I have had.
The one remaining is that it wont switch from 4wd to 2wd on the lever. I can switch it by reversing the hoses on the actuator on the axle. Looking at the voltage to the vsvs it only appears to be 4.89v.
Is the power supplied to these from one source which is split, i.e. they both switch on and off at the same time? Also where does the power supply come from? On the tod system with a push button I believe it comes from some sort of ecu, is this the same for the gear shift tod system? Where would I find it to potentially bypass the dodgy wiring?

many thanks in advance for your expertise,
                                                              adam
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 23:18    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Grandad

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

the TOD ecu is under the back of the drivers seat
adamjeffrey80

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that. now its just a case of tracing the wires and checking each one. why do they put the connection plugs in such awkward places!
DrakeC

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 23:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to revive this old question as I am experiencing the exact same problem:

1995 Bighorn - Lotus 3.1 Auto, Lever TOD selector
I have been trying to find electrical schematics that matches my bighorn and having no luck at all.
My bighorn is showing the same symptom below - check light when switching to 2WD.
Currently measuring ~ 5 V to the VSV's at all times, 2WD or Auto 4WD selected.  Both VSV's ppear to work with 12V applied manually - the manuals I can find online only show the TOD computer with 2 connectors - this one has only one connector.

Codes are 32/33 - short in VSV circuit / Shorted Ground

Any tips on where to look for shorts, or drawings to know where source is would be super.  There is a conncector for the VSV circuit between the battery/rad - I have 5V at that connector on the VSV wire which goes under the rad then Into a look by the fuel priming pump with a fistful of wires, seems like it is shorted to power somewhere?

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: