QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

3.0 4JX1 Trooper/Jackaroo Radiator Core Thickness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CraigAUS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 22:35    Post subject: 3.0 4JX1 Trooper/Jackaroo Radiator Core Thickness Reply with quote

There has been some discussion over thick and thin radiators for the 4JX1 variant Troopers in your UK forum. My 2000 Jackaroo/Trooper TD auto has overheating issues when things warm up over here in Australia. I have a thin 25mm core in mine.
I have had all the usual items checked and or replaced and are now looking at going double core radiator. Unfortunately a double core is not available over here in the correct size. I can get a brass core at 32 mm fitted but have concerns over the different metal type and the heat transfer differences with the brass, it may only give the same performance and there is the risk of electrolysis/stray currents.
Can anyone supply me with a calsonic number for the thicker version. I have tried the isuzu numbers without success.
Regards Craig
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 22:35    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jjcymru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can get hold of a good jackeroo rad for you made from aluminium, its made by calsonic llanelli about 20miles from here. Surely these are available in OZ ?
CraigAUS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can get a calsonic radiator through Holden who sells the trooper/jackaroo over here but it is the standard 25mm core and they are asking dealership prices for it. I am hoping to get a part number for the thicker one and hopefully be able to chase it up through an aftermarket distributer locally at a cheaper price. Our major aftermarket retailer/repairer Natrad over here don't even list a radiator for my model.
jjcymru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

how thick is the larger one,ill see if i can get u a number mate.
CraigAUS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know as we don't have them over here but looking at comments in your forum I would say it is the full width of the tank around 50mm. I thought that someone that has one of the thicker ones in their vehicle over there may be able to get a part number off of it. If you are able to get a part number through other means it would be appreciated.
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 15:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

on the one i looked at today it said calsonic and the no. 15 in a square box next to it, other than that it only gave the isuzu no.
CraigAUS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eithan is yours a 3.0td 4jx1 and a full or double core radiator?
If so could you give me that Isuzu number to compare with the ones I already have.
The picture here shows my narrow one.

pic here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: