All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

***HEADS UP*** Metropoltan/Yorkshire Police Ukash Virus !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Computer Bytes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 13:47    Post subject: ***HEADS UP*** Metropoltan/Yorkshire Police Ukash Virus !!! Reply with quote

As Title,quite new and prevalent,cannot be caught by most virus scanners.
Scare/Scam/Malware Trojan.
Comes up with a nasty page asking for payment for alleged acessing mis-appropriate sites.
Everything is locked out.
My Fix.......
To shut down,Cnrl/Alt/Del.......access Windows Security panel..(task master did not work)
Log off and shut down.

Restart in safe mode (F8) with access to command prompt (even in plain safe mode came up with white screen no access to anything)
Cnrl/Alt/Del run taskmaster,files ,new task,system restore(worked for me) restore back
Other option is to run msconfig,start programs,find the rogue if you can,untick box,note location and delete when running properly
Got mine sorted in about 20 mins....Ran AVG,nothing found,ran "MalwareBytes-anti malware" and found the remmants tucked away somewhere.

If you google "Ukash Virus" you'll see its quite a nasty one but plenty of ways to fix......Main thing is to search and remove remmants,checking back with msconfig will not help unless you know what you're looking for,after you think you're ok...."MalwareBytes" seems to do the trick.

Hope this helps anyone,and just the way I did it.

I you can't access system restore Another Way for the boffins
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 13:47    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

markymoan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a laptop with a simlar bit of nasty code on it, I may have a bash later as it has my memory maps on it.
Mine came in with a pdf file last year  Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 16:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had something abit like this on my laptop a while ago i had Norton at the time and it could not detect it.

Was a nasty one called security tool, Came up as a virus/malware program and said to rid of this virus i had to pay 60 quid i did not know much about computers at the time so i rang virgin media my service provider hoping they could shed some light on the situation the idiot on the other end said enter your card details its our new virus protection. knowing better i did not enter my card details or anything instead tried the safe mode procedure which didint work ended up doing some research found out about Microsoft security essentials.

Went to a pals house and put it onto a disk and uploaded it onto my laptop in safe mode, ran the scan it got rid of the problem straight away!
as it would not let me restore to previous date!

Microsoft Security Essentials - best free anti virus ever! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Computer Bytes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: