QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

what a pain

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fett

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:10    Post subject: what a pain Reply with quote

Hi guys, came back from holiday to see adrian flux are going to renew my policy in a couple of days without asking and having added £40 to the premium despite me having had no claims etc etc.

I went on to go compare which insisted the trooper was a commercial  and wouldnt quote and then on to confused.com which insisted its an 06 trooper even though its a 95 and was imported in 06 from japan. they wouldnt quote online either.

I have full uk license for 16 years and no claims etc for well over the 5 years they ask about, no points ever and on this car (I have 4 in the houshold) I have 10 years no claims bonus.

Can you kind people give me a shortlist of good companies to ring and get quotes for troopers (95 3.1d auto import) who actually understand its my car and not a white van?

Many thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

CAE

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give Mark Cooper a call at A-Plan. 0208 9444121

Nice, helpful chap and goes beyond the call of duty to help you out. He will get you a very good policy at the best price he can.
Fett

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAE wrote:
Give Mark Cooper a call at A-Plan. 0208 9444121

Nice, helpful chap and goes beyond the call of duty to help you out. He will get you a very good policy at the best price he can.

Thanks, I will give him a call later today or tomorrow.

Just wasted my time filling out both the import and 4x4 quoteseek thingys from this page and the darn dont work, just took me back tot he blank from again both times  Shocked
nicerass

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 15:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

My self and my wife get ours with the post office, £227 full comp, 94 3.1 Bighorn and no problems with the import stuff
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 19:17    Post subject: Re: what a pain Reply with quote

Fett wrote:
Hi guys, came back from holiday to see adrian flux are going to renew my policy in a couple of days without asking and having added £40 to the premium despite me having had no claims etc etc.

I went on to go compare which insisted the trooper was a commercial  and wouldnt quote and then on to confused.com which insisted its an 06 trooper even though its a 95 and was imported in 06 from japan. they wouldnt quote online either.

I have full uk license for 16 years and no claims etc for well over the 5 years they ask about, no points ever and on this car (I have 4 in the houshold) I have 10 years no claims bonus.

Can you kind people give me a shortlist of good companies to ring and get quotes for troopers (95 3.1d auto import) who actually understand its my car and not a white van?

Many thanks

To be fair.....When you took out the insurance unless you opted out then you would be up for automatic renewal....read all the docs carefully....most insurance companies are the same  Wink
Everybodies insurance goes up on an annual basis due to the efforts of the numpties that choose not to insure etc,etc,etc
What was your % increase ?
I bet you'll have already wasted £40 of your time to not get insured  Exclamation Best bet might be to stick with your present insurer  Idea
Fett

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol we renewal was £301, I think I piad £240 last year so actually  its a £60 now I look at the papers.

bit cheeky when my 350 bhp v8 bmw is only £220 it does make me wonder!
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fett wrote:
lol we renewal was £301, I think I piad £240 last year so actually  its a £60 now I look at the papers.

bit cheeky when my 350 bhp v8 bmw is only £220 it does make me wonder!

Stick with AF  Wink

(Note IMHO omitted  Razz )
markymoan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would stick with them at that price, a lot of folks are getting theres doubled at the moment  Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 23:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

even with my sqeeky clean record and it being my third car with only 3k miles per year.

I dunno it seems pricey a £60 hike for being good for an extra year  Shocked
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blame all those "whip lash" injuries, and non-insured drivers out there. Oh and the fact that Insurance companies have no regulating body to control their actions.

Bunch of thieving, immoral, b4stard, *beep*. But thats just my opinion of insurance companies and brokers.

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

nicerass

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhanagar wrote:
Blame all those "whip lash" injuries, and non-insured drivers out there. Oh and the fact that Insurance companies have no regulating body to control their actions.

Bunch of thieving, immoral, b4stard, *beep*. But thats just my opinion of insurance companies and brokers.

Second that  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked
nicerass

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhanagar wrote:

Second that again. Rolling Eyes

My back has never been the same since i slammed my brakes on at a crossing doing 50 in a 30 zone and a young mum ran her pram into my front bumper, could'nt she see me coming.

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Laughing
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will piont out that I have no issue with genuine injury claims, its just the people out there who make it up to make a quick quid making the rest of us suffer.

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

nicerass

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was a joke, honest Laughing
DYLAN

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 19:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhanagar wrote:
I will piont out that I have no issue with genuine injury claims, its just the people out there who make it up to make a quick quid making the rest of us suffer.

Well now even a non fault claim for whiplash will double your premiums so it should stop people putting stupid claims in Very Happy

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: