All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Injector Sleeves

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mozref

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 21:14    Post subject: Injector Sleeves Reply with quote

Guys - Before I do battle with IM and local Isuzu Dealer (Threeways Abergele) over my 3Ltr. Trooper, apart from other problems which are documented on the forum, I've had the Injectors replaced upon a recall and now I've had to have 'new' Injector Sleeves and the Isuzu is running worse then what it was when I took it in and I'm not getting any joy with IM or dealer at present.

It is running more like a Tractor, well something like that. Something wrong somewhere! I'm thinking it should have gone to a Diesel Garage to put it right.

Was there ever a recall on the Injector Sleeves for the Trooper?

Moz Crying or Very sad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 21:14    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

mozref

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that a no or not sure?
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 0:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did you have new sleeves fitted: was there any cross contamination of oil, fuel and water at all?
The sleeves were done as part of one recall, not sure which though
mozref

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 0:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I had Fuel coming into the water coolant system and it was agreed to fit the new sleeves when they fitted the Injectors, well after fitting the second set as the first set of injectors failed.
No the sleeves were not done as part of the recall I had to purchase these but the dealer fitted them for 'nothing' due to all the *beep* ups they made whilst fitting the injectors.
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need to buy the complete sleeves either
I found the part numbers for the O rings from Holden in Oz, was just about to get my mate in Sydney to send me a set, then I rang IM: they had them in stock here!
next, I told IM that my local dealer had wrongly told me that the O rings wern't available on there own,
They spoke to the dealer and I got my money back, returned me £210  Very Happy
The dealer needs to fit complete sleeves when doing warranty work: the O rings can be bought if you want to do the repair yourself!
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I replaced the O rings TWICE, both times within days there was fuel in the coolant  Evil or Very Mad
The heads themselves can become porous, or even crack, thus allowing fuel into coolant, finally I bought a new head, a chinese copy that was half the genuine price,
This one had a bolt hole machined out of line, but the shop swapped it, and all the gaskets and bolts FOC, said theyd sold loads without problems, and the replacement has been perfect for over 1500 miles now  Laughing
There's a pattern head on the bayee right now, about £380 delivered
mozref

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jacksdad - If you look on the forum you will see I have posted several times regarding this subject, but I'll try to explain briefly: Fuel in Coolant, at the same time I was in communication with IM, I was informed that mine was on a recall for the replacement Injectors, then to be told, they were done in 2007, then another guy informed me that it was on a recall and to take it to my local dealer to confirm they needed doing and they did, so it went in, first set was no good, then replaced again, still had a problem, I had already bought the 'O' Rings previously, had a discussion with dealer and agreed to replace seals in sleeves, still a problem, dealer said he found one sleeve tight but the others were loose, so it was agreed to replace sleeves and I would only pay for the parts, I was informed that the sleeves were not part of the Injectors, this was done and it was still not running right on no. 3, ended up taking back to dealer, found out that no. 3 Injector was the problem so it was replaced, now running fine.
I was informed by dealer that I could not buy the 'O' Rings, etc, I would have to buy the complete sleeves, but I already knew this to be incorrect from the guys on this forum and IM.

See below parts listings: (from IM)

PS Looking at your chassis number it does say that this vehicle may still need the injectors changed under warranty so if you look at the injectors in the vehicle they will have a bar code on the top if the code number under the bar code is 00000584264 or before they need changing and will be covered under warranty anything after would be at your own expense

The information you need is

Sleeve Nozzle Holder           £52.28  Each     8972451850   x 4
Rubber Gasket                    £1.62    Each     8971757830   x 4
Copper Gasket                    £2.50    Each     8971611092   x 4
Oring injection nozzle           £1.09   Each      8972407980   x 4
O ring injector pipe              £4.85   Each      8971842160   x 2
Gasket inlet pipe                  £2.42  Each       8972229330   x 1
Gasket                                £1.84  Each       8971378200   x 1
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 23:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er, why you telling me what I already know?  Shocked
I ended up giving the part numbers to IM, who then told me they had them in stock: turns out my dealer had 'misunderstood' the warranty bulletins, they need to replace the sleeve and O rings complete, all 4, but Joe Public could buy the O rings individually if thats what they wanted
Then after all that work, it was the head that was goosed!  sign5
dwalsh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
the bar codes on my injectors are 8972630612 does that mean they are not from the earlier bad batch

Ta
adz1973
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

jacksdad1963 wrote:
I replaced the O rings TWICE, both times within days there was fuel in the coolant  Evil or Very Mad
The heads themselves can become porous, or even crack, thus allowing fuel into coolant
, finally I bought a new head, a chinese copy that was half the genuine price,
This one had a bolt hole machined out of line, but the shop swapped it, and all the gaskets and bolts FOC, said theyd sold loads without problems, and the replacement has been perfect for over 1500 miles now  Laughing
There's a pattern head on the bayee right now, about £380 delivered

I had exactly the same.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your lack of help guys I get more support from austrailian 4x4 forum then I get from our uk forum, and a big thank you to Austraila
DYLAN

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

dwalsh wrote:
Thanks for your lack of help guys I get more support from austrailian 4x4 forum then I get from our uk forum, and a big thank you to Austraila

From what i can see your main comments/posts come from your topic on finding the glowplugs on a 3.0 in which you were helped instantly

3.0 DOHC Glow plugs location

Asking a question in another persons topic is not the best way of getting a response as your post can easily get overlooked especially when the topic is on another subject  (sleeves / codes), Now you may be very frustrated with your truck (god knows we have all been there at one time or another) but having a dig at this clubs members is uncalled for.

I'm sorry that you think the Australian club can help you more and it is your call as to which club you use in the future but if you try to put your own post up about injector bar codes i'm sure you will get the advise you need. We all get stressed at one time or another but your answer does not lie in the slating of people with some of the worlds best knowledge of the Isuzu Trooper 3.0 engine.  Wink

Merry Christmas.

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
Gribble

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fancy sticking a question about injectors in the middle of another one about sleeves and fuel in the water .  Rolling Eyes

One phone call to IM would have got the information but its easier to complain I guess .
mozref

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 14:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hear, Hear - No need to have a go at these UK lads who have no end of knowledge on these matters and are very helpful, so if the guys are so good in Austraila - why come to the UK for help and then slag them off, I would guess they were glad to see the back of you also.

If you have nothing positive to say - Don't post and if you do, get it right.
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 18:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give the moaning git his membership subs back: Oh, wait, its FREE to use this site  Shocked
Next time he post a request for FREE help & advice, jump to it!  hilarious
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: