2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

cheap rapeseed oil

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrooperSimon
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 16:43    Post subject: cheap rapeseed oil Reply with quote

asda pure rapeseed oil

3 ltr £2.70

thats not bad for oil you 3.1 drivers out there

am not really into the bio thing........ but rapeseed is the best oil apparently

my mate informs me you can only buy 24 at a time

he gets home delivery with the rest of wifes shopping for £5

cheers

simon
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 16:43    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

nicerass

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite what anyone says about pure oil in your fuel system, it will come back and bite your ass one day when the truck packs up, diesel or pure bio only, anything else and you must be bonkers
drinksoptional

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 0:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

we are all doomed  

Yeah possible but keep buying diesel an it will bite you in the ass your wallet.  Its nothing that cant be fixed with current fuel prices going up in anuary by 3p plus what ever increase on top of that i could not give a F about my ass getting i bit later plenty of trooper in scrappies  plenty of bits on eebuygum i will cross that bridge when ever i come to it   so you keep buying yer high price diesel mocking us veg bio burners i pay  £1 litr for veg not much more for bio an still have change . Run on diesel an  have nowt left in yer ass to pay for anything else an cannoit afford to go any extra miles add that with the cost of gas , electric and food yeah im laughing .

I get yer statment but in the long run every bit i save now  helps me and my family now  i will worry about the could happen and what ifs  when they happen

Heads up farm food do 10 ltrs of veg for £9.95 bit cold for pure veg at moment so a bit of bio helps
nicerass

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I produce & sell pure bio for less than you buy veg oil for and still make a small profit & have happy customers with no worries. My personal bio costs 36p per litre when made, now theres a saving, i fill an 80 litre tank for £28
drinksoptional

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 22:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you and your point is what
TrooperSimon
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicerass wrote:
I produce & sell pure bio for less than you buy veg oil for and still make a small profit & have happy customers with no worries. My personal bio costs 36p per litre when made, now theres a saving, i fill an 80 litre tank for £28

what do you sell it for per ltr ?????????
nicerass

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrooperSimon wrote:
nicerass wrote:

what do you sell it for per ltr ?????????

95p per litre troopersimon, and you will not find it cheaper nor better quality anywhere, that i gaurantee.
Hunter
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Simon you thinking of testing some in a 3.0 ?

@ Brett good to hear your up and running with it .

Ian
nicerass

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunter wrote:
@ Simon you thinking of testing some in a 3.0 ?

@ Brett good to hear your up and running with it .

Ian

Hi Ian, yes the 3.1 ran 100%, i have now sold the truck to our friend in your neck of the woods and he got his roof rack back to boot.
On pure bio i dont think the 3.0 will run any different with moderation, my wifes multipoint injection vauxhall runs perfectly fine on it and has done for over 9 months now, moderated in winter of course although we have an additive
Sir Henry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 15:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been running 3 cars of different makes and models for several years now. I'm just starting to do it on a fourth car. Obviously these have all been older types of diesel engines and definitely not the later DI or common rail types. Apart from a minor leak on the injector pump on one very high mileage car I've had no running problems with it. With full seal kits costing less than £40 it soon pays for itself even at £1/litre and a lot faster when using the kind of witch's brew that I use - 70% WVO, 25% used engine oil and 5% unleaded which costs me under 60P/litre. After primary settling to lose the water and larger solids/fats I chuck the lot into a 45 gallon drum mix well and leave to settle for a few weeks before pumping through two sequential 10" water filters at 20 and 5 microns. As that's around the standard of a car's main fuel filter it should pass through readily, while the water filters will get more efficient as the small particles start to block it up a bit. This last pair of filters have been used for over 400 litres and are still going strong.

Obviously it's only prudent to keep a fresh fuel filter in the car for when the current one blocks up and you find yourself stranded on the hard shoulder of some unlit motorway at the dead of night in the pouring rain/sleet/snow. As long as you've practiced changing the filter you should be able to do it under those circumstances in a couple of minutes with your eyes shut.

1992 Rover 216 Cabrio (The Nipper)
1976 Rolls Royce Silver Shadow (The Old Girl)
1995 Toyota Estima Lucida (Lucille)
and (of course)
1995 Vauxhall Monterey (Monty).
ChrisDS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:17    Post subject: Farm Foods Vegetable Oil Reply with quote

Farm Foods are doing 10lts of Veg Oil for £9.95 we bought 20lts yesterday.  A neighbour who's getting on a bit noticed my other half with it in the trolley and said "That's a lot of oil are you going to run your car on it?" My wife look at her and with a smile said yes.  To which she replied "I was only joking you're not really are you?".  What can you say when someone gets that, I don't believe you look, on their face  Very Happy  

We have two Biodiesel companies around 20 miles from us but we're going to the veg oil a go, we have a new filter and we're only putting small amounts in to see how she performs. We have a 1994 Bighorn 3.1 TD with a few dents and scratches, par for the course when you do a bit of green laning or driving around Wales  

I was going to add an image but the forum rules won't let me  Confused

We are going on a long run on Friday so we will mix it when we fill her, that should get us a few strange looks  Very Happy
Sir Henry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you google "Farm Foods vouchers" you will come across a PDF file that prints out as a full A4 sheet of '10% off' vouchers in £2.50, £5 and £10 values. Each one is worth that amount off purchases of £25, £50 and £100 respectively. e.g. Buy 5 of 10 litre bottles @ £9.95 each, add a bag of smarties and you're just over the £50 mark to get £5 off the total bill. £0.95/litre can't be a bad price for fuel, can it?

and (of course)
RedDahlia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ChrisDS,
did you make any mods to your 3.1 ?
I have a 3.1 td 97/98 Citation.
How are you getting on?
Shaun
Sir Henry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 13:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTBOMK the 3.1 will run happily on 100% SVO at this time of year. As the weather gets colder you might want to start adding some unleaded to keep it runny. 5% is usually enough most of the time and 10% if the mercury drops out of the bottom of the thermometer. For best results you should add the petrol to the drum as soon as you get home with it, give it a good shake to ensure thorough mixing and then leave it for a week or two to let the petrol 'cut' some of the longer chain molecules.

I've run several cars on this mix (or worse) and the only problems you might encounter can be leaking seals on the injector pump on high mileage cars. If so then add some unleaded to the next batch as above. If you consider that you are saving £20-£30 per tankful then a seal kit @ £45 perhaps every 4 or 5 years or more, depending on your annual mileage, is a good investment. Fortunately the seal materials have been upgraded in recent years and are normally guaranteed to be veg compatible. If you can get hold of WVO for 50p/litre or less and the necessary settling tank(s), pump and filters you can make even more savings. Recently a fellow member of the Toyota Estima Owner's club & forum sold me 1.6 tonnes of the stuff for £350. Ok, some of it will be too difficult to bother with, but I can't see me losing more than 20% of it - and likely far less.

and (of course)
Bubble-07

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 21:22    Post subject: Veg oil at Tesco (online) Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

For all you running your 3.1 on SVO/DERV mix.......... - Tesco have 5ltr bottles on just now at 2 for £10.00.

I've just bought 100ltr online (£100) plus £3.00 delivery. There's a code on the go for £12.00 off first order over £60 (check out vouchercodes.com) so factor that in - if ye havnae used it already - and the delivered price is £91.00 or 91p/ltr.

Fill yer boots. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: