4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Injector Recall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ian4351

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 20:57    Post subject: Injector Recall Reply with quote

Here we go again, out and about with a trailer attach and the unmistakeable shudder of an engine with a dodgy injector. My Trooper had the injectors replaced in March 2010 as part of the recall. Does any body know if IM are still replacing injectors FOC?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 20:57    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

mozref

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 21:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ian - To the best of my knowledge, yes, as I've recently had mine done, but, not sure if they will do them again as they have already done them upon a recall, I've heard they should, but my local Isuzu Dealer said no, but again, you'd expect them to say that.
I'm sure one of the technical guys will be along to give you the correct reply, they have more knowledge than the main dealers.
Ian4351

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 14:34    Post subject: Injector Recall Reply with quote

Hi Mozref,  spoke to some one at IM this morning and basically if your Trooper needs injectors now then you you have to pay for them yourself. So enough said, my trooper is going.
darren m

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 15:19    Post subject: Re: Injector Recall Reply with quote

Ian4351 wrote:
Hi Mozref,  spoke to some one at IM this morning and basically if your Trooper needs injectors now then you you have to pay for them yourself. So enough said, my trooper is going.

is this true , can anyone else confirm it.
do you have a contact number for IM , i,ve been emailing them , just to check on recalls but they never got back

99 LWB 3.0 TD Citation

2000 LWB 3.0 / 3.1TD Duty conversion
Ian4351

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 17:50    Post subject: Injector Recall Reply with quote

I've been emailing them as well but no-reply. so I phoned them. Here's the phone number for IM 01215222000, ask for customer service, and lets us know what they say to you.
mozref

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 20:46    Post subject: IM Contacts - Recall Reply with quote

Guys - as I have said I recently had mine changed, not sure on IM latest position on the recall as it has been going on sometime, anyway you are after some information, you now have the main phone number, below I have several contacts for you.
In my case, eventually, it was a guy called Adrian Hogg, Customer Relations Manager, 01217308151,
email: AHogg@imgroup.co.uk who stated it was still on a recall for the Injectors.

The vehicle is outstanding two safety recalls

WSLUDFR    DISPLAY                                AHOGG       1/10/12 16:07:4
                     Display Outstanding Campaigns for Vehicle              
Company 01 Branch 02 Isuzu (UK) Ltd.                 VIN JACUBS73GY7105400  

Campaign Details                                                            

IZ17        4JX1 INJECTORS CHECK & OR REPL                                  
W0076       TPS HARNESS  

The owner should contact dealer to arrange for inspection and or replacement of injectors and the modification to TPS wiring.

Other contacts:

Dave Lockley, Dealer Support, 01215226008, email: DLockley@imgroup.co.uk

Gary Langford, General Manager - Parts Operations, 01217308221, email: GLangford@imgroup.co.uk

Ian Pyke, Warrenty Manager, email: IPyke@imgroup.co.uk

Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your e-mail.
With regard to the injector seal replacement, there was no recall campaign implemented for this work, there was a Service campaign on a limited number of 3.0 Litre Troopers before they were actually modified in production.

Having checked your vehicle I find that it was built after the production change and will therefore have the modified seals fitted to it already.

I trust this clarifies the position,

Regards,

Ian J Pyke
Warranty Manager
Isuzu UK Limited

Some what, a long reply, but trust it will help you.

Moz Laughing
Ian4351

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:39    Post subject: Injector Recall Reply with quote

Thanks for the email links mozref. I've just sent an email to Mr Hogg to see what he say about all this. I don't know about you guys but I'm very disappointed with the life expectancy of these injectors, mine haven't done 10,000 miles yet and I have already replaced one injector and now I've got to replace a second.
Ian4351

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 14:48    Post subject: Injector Recall Reply with quote

Well, I emailed Mr Hogg at IM over a week ago but he doesn't seem to want to email me back. So I think if you've had your injectors done then don't expect to have them done again. Anyway, injector has been changed, EGR valve has been blocked with a small screw, now all I need is to find somebody with a Tech 2 that can reset the ORPS and I'm good to go again. Laughing
mozref

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 22:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ian - I agree with you Mr. Hogg does not always get back to you straight away, I either kept sending the email or contacted someone else to remind him.
I'm still awaiting a reply from him over the Injectors, why are they not very good and I have had to have so many to get it right, perhaps they were made in China?
Anyone else with any ideas?
Mikebloke

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all. A first time post on here. Had my 3.0 td trooper for two years and has no problems until about three months ago when I had the misfire followed by a check by my local mechanic who diagnosed the dreaded diesel in oil. Had it transported over to my nearest Isuzu dealer who did the sleeves, o rings (I suppose) and the heater and throttle position sensor. Got it back, all happy thinking it would be trouble free for a good while. Last weekend I had a slight miss-fire again. Thought I would check the oil level on the off chance and had to drain five and a half litres out to bring it right. Back to the dealer who has told me that the injectors are buggered and would like me to give them approx £1400 to fix it. Am I being a bit thick or should they have changed these on the recall or is it just the sleeves that are done?
mozref

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 13:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - I'm sure the Tech's on the site will inform you correctly (if I'm wrong)
If your Trooper is on a recall, it will not be for the Sleeves or 'O' Rings, the Recall is actually for the Injectors, mine were done, but I had to pay for the Sleeves & 'O' Rings, but they did not charge me for the fitting as they had to change the Injectors anyway.
The problem is that I still have the same problem and at the time my Isuzu Dealer did not appear to know what they were doing ( I had more and better information from this site and had to relay it back to them) but they also had Sleeves and changed 'O' Rings a couple of times because they could not get it to run correctly.
So the best of luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: