4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Heavy Duty Off -roading

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DAVID's J99P
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 21:18    Post subject: Heavy Duty Off -roading Reply with quote

Finally remember to take my camera to work with me today as I've spent all week 4x4ing sort-of  Very Happy
This is the entrance to the pit

then down this bit

at the end of I have to reverse down the next part to the waiting dozer which is just as well as I found out during the week Embarassed

This being my trusty steed and just to add to the challange it weighs in at a hefty 32ton when loaded and 13ton empty on soft ground  Shocked
doesn't look it but the cab stands 3.7 mtrs high, my head is a good 8ft from the ground when i'm in the drivers seat and with that buck in the the air
you have to commit to driving forward with it up to fully empty the buck, on soft ground this can be fun.

Did manage to sink it upto the fog lights a few days back  Laughing but since then I've seen the Dozer pull out 3 other veteran truckers  Laughing  Rolling Eyes  
including the 1 today that tried to use my tracks, that's how I got stuck
It's a bit far off but you can see the Dozer towing him Laughing

You will notice the height of the front hubs in the photo with the tipper up but as the truck moves forward in it's own tracks the single front wheels soon cut into the sort mud and can easily sink the cab just as well I can lock both rear diffs hence the 4 wheel drive  Wink

and 1 of the Dozer

who needs a trooper to play in the mud  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

David ltm47
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 21:18    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Gribble

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like a fiddlers body to me , bet its not 14m3  Razz
DAVID's J99P
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 23:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ole Dozer driver is a bit of a HillBilly with no front teeth but not sure if plays a fiddle  Confused  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing   Embarassed

No it's not a fiddlers body it's a double barreled name beginning with K and it is about 14 cubic meters

David ltm47
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: