All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Squeal when pulling away.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mork_77
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 21:59    Post subject: Squeal when pulling away. Reply with quote

I noticed today when pulling away on a hill I revved the engine a bit more than I normally would and as I was pulling away I heard a loud squeal/screech, i tried a few times on the way home and it sounds like its coming from the front.

Its a 3.0 and I recently had the alternator changed, the alt died and the belts were changed 6 months before because they were squealing but this sound is different to the squeal I had before the belts were changed, it is a quick sharp sound which stops as soon as I pull away.

Anyone got any ideas what it might be?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 21:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DYLAN

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alt belts again or dry aircon pump?

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
DYLAN

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes especially in winter when lights,heater, demist, mirror heaters are on quite regularly the alt will be working harder and the battery may dip a little on charge (even more on regular short runs) so on first start (i'm assuming this is what you are talking about) the alt is doing overtime so if pushed from cold it may well squeal, If everything else is fine? Voltage? i would not worry from a one off.

If it squeals persistently i would be looking at the belts needing adjusting again, This is just my opinion and i'm sure you will get others Wink

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
Mork_77
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 23:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help Dylan, I don't have aircon so that's ruled out, its not just at start up but when pulling away from being stationary, I had been driving for about 25 minutes when I noticed it happen the first time so engine was all warmed up, if I pull away with normal revs then there is no squeal but if i over rev it as I lift the clutch then I get the squeal.

Not sure if its connected but the rev counter needle is playing up, when the engine is switched off the needle drops to zero but when the engine is running the lowest it will go is 1.5K although the engine is just ticking over so definitely not doing 1.5K, then when you rev the engine the needle works fine between 1.5 - 3.5K but gets stuck at 3.5K if I rev that high, which I don't do really so not much of a problem but a bit of a pain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: