All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

My new ride !

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adz1973
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 23:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

deputydog wrote:
adz is there anywhere local to go off roading and exept pea farm my son could get a 4x4 round there no bother

There was castleside quarry but someone has taken over it and its bikes only now.

So not to sure now as its laning we mostly do now.

There's herrington but not sure how often its open.
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 23:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

deputydog

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 23:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive just lifted a nice lump out for my tea for tomoz  Laughing
WHISKYTANGOFOXTROT

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

adz1973 wrote:
WHISKYTANGOFOXTROT wrote:
Ive been watching the stuff your doing to yours ! and Col s truck ! he invited me down to see him one Saturday ! going to take him up on that ! looks like a I can learn tonnes from him !  Wink  Laughing

Ive just done all my suspension, brake lines etc, HD track rods(thanks gary)......more metal needed now Laughing

Im looking at a new truck because of what Ive seen on here !..........Im sure you can understand why I want to do my own ! Keith really did inspire me to move on and do my own ! that truck will always be Keiths truck ! always ! not a bad thing at all ,a super super bloke ! I want my own creation ! Those that know me know me to be a bit of a liker of 'one offs ! oddballs ! Big yanks ! so with me already liking Troopers which deputydog got me started on them ! I want to build my own with a live axle !  Wink
WHISKYTANGOFOXTROT

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 23:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

deputydog wrote:
adz is there anywhere local to go off roading and exept pea farm my son could get a 4x4 round there no bother

Yes he could 'wor spaniel' !  Wink
DYLAN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 0:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

adz1973 wrote:
Ive been watching the stuff your doing to yours ! and Col s truck ! he invited me down to see him one Saturday ! going to take him up on that ! looks like a I can learn tonnes from him !  Wink  Laughing

Ive just done all my suspension, brake lines etc, HD track rods(thanks gary)......more metal needed now Laughing

Im looking at a new truck because of what Ive seen on here !..........Im sure you can understand why I want to do my own ! Keith really did inspire me to move on and do my own ! that truck will always be Keiths truck ! always ! not a bad thing at all ,a super super bloke ! I want my own creation ! Those that know me know me to be a bit of a liker of 'one offs ! oddballs ! Big yanks ! so with me already liking Troopers which deputydog got me started on them ! I want to build my own with a live axle !  Wink

A LOT of work and money involved but i'd love to see one, An ex member had a live axled Frontie and that was a bit of a beast Wink  , Even he said though if he wanted another live axled truck he'd buy a Patrol Laughing

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
WHISKYTANGOFOXTROT

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol ! thanks Dylan !! but not for me ! had a plan for along time ! TROOPER all the way ! love everything about them except the independant front suspension  ! When lifted I think it brings things in on to steep of an angle ! too much strain to the front,especially the drive shafts,I want 38 inch wheels !   Wink  Laughing
DYLAN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gearing changed also then?

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
WHISKYTANGOFOXTROT

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

DYLAN wrote:
Gearing changed also then?

We will see about gearing as the front live axle will be a Dana 44 ! 66 inch,if needs be I will get custom gearing to fit right in there as Dana have a selection of gearing options ! will have to see what matches with the rear !
gary820
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was pretty much at the stage of either live axle the troop (even had permission from the wife) or buy something from the factory with live axles, bought a landcruiser and sold the troop lol.

Good luck if go for it, quite a lot of work to get it right.
Look forward to seeing the new motor.
WHISKYTANGOFOXTROT

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 18:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

gary820 wrote:
I was pretty much at the stage of either live axle the troop (even had permission from the wife) or buy something from the factory with live axles, bought a landcruiser and sold the troop lol.

Good luck if go for it, quite a lot of work to get it right.
Look forward to seeing the new motor.

Ive done a few transplants in my time ! and a few write offs so hope some of the skills come in handy to do this job ! Have a good welder at hand and a jig ,and lots of whitesmith background from my father ! so once I have all the gear I will get started !...........on the subject of other vehicles ,looking at the price of some of them ! the price I had Keiths truck up for was for nothing !,especially when you think how much it would of broke too !

Can you tell me ! did you go to your new motor because of it having a Live axle ?  thanks   Wink
gary820
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with it mate be good to see it. Patrol coiler axles  fit Wink

Live axle, lockers, big spec and always wanted one so I bought one.
I contemplated an axle swap on the last troop as couldn't of done much more to it,  did a good bit of research etc, got permission then finances allowed me to get a lc.
WHISKYTANGOFOXTROT

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

gary820 wrote:
Good luck with it mate be good to see it. Patrol coiler axles  fit Wink

Live axle, lockers, big spec and always wanted one so I bought one.
I contemplated an axle swap on the last troop as couldn't of done much more to it,  did a good bit of research etc, got permission then finances allowed me to get a lc.

I fully understand why you did go for a LC ! they are a very powerful / torquey and with the live axle at the front, solves alot of mods !

Do you go off road with it ! sorry if it seems a silly question ! last time I was off road in one of those it was on flat lands in Mozambique ,not what you call real offroading ! just wondered what they are really like on the climb and the overall stability off them on serious climbs and downslopes ?
gary820
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 20:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done a couple of steady green lanes in it, nothing difficult at all but drove well (on road tyres) didn't even bother putting centre diff in, did well in snow too. got 35's sat in the garage and a lift kit for it.
Off road it'll take some getting used to as my troops were manuals so first big descent will be fun lol.
adz1973
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get your finger out Gary and get the lc modded. I wont take the house extension as an excuse either. Laughing  Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

gary820 wrote:
Done a couple of steady green lanes in it, nothing difficult at all but drove well (on road tyres) didn't even bother putting centre diff in, did well in snow too. got 35's sat in the garage and a lift kit for it.
Off road it'll take some getting used to as my troops were manuals so first big descent will be fun lol.

That would be good to see !  it would look big lifted with 35s on ! is there pics of it now on here ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: