Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Starting and revving a 2.8TD Diesel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Highlander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:01    Post subject: Starting and revving a 2.8TD Diesel Reply with quote

I have a 1990 2.8 TD Diesel and sometimes when I start it it will start but will only run for say a minute at low revs. I then must prime the pump for a couple of minutes to get it to rev normally..........is anyone able to shed light on this at all?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:01    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jjcymru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 22:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

highlander, it appears youve an air leak into the fuel system, check all jubilee clips to and from the injector pump are secure, check for perished rubber hoses too.

Try bleeding it by removing the 13mm bolt in the middle of the injector unions on the side of the pump.
Highlander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 0:52    Post subject: Starting and revving 2.8TD Reply with quote

Hi jjcymru, thanks very much for the prompt reply and I will certainly follow your suggestions.
Unfortunately the chassis is in pretty bad shape but like most 2.8 Troopers the engine is great so I want to get it running properly to sell for spares. I must be mad but I am going from the North of Scotland to Exeter in the morning to pick up it's replacement, a 1993 3.1 TD SWB Trooper............I must like them!! Smile What do you reckon to the 3.1 TD, is it rated well? Sorry to hit you with all of these questions, but I value your opinion, thanks
jjcymru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

swap the 2.8 with the 3.1, and use the 3.1's intercooler setup!
Highlander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 16:44    Post subject: 3.1 TD Trooper Reply with quote

jjcymru wrote:
swap the 2.8 with the 3.1, and use the 3.1's intercooler setup!

I know what you mean having driven the 3.1 back from Exeter.......it is not as lively as the 2.8TD and pretty gutsy on fuel.
jjcymru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats what ill be doing if i can find a monterey with leather and a blown engine!
Highlander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjcymru wrote:
thats what ill be doing if i can find a monterey with leather and a blown engine!

I don't blame you there!!!
jjcymru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 22:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wonder why the 3.1 is like that ? Why ditch the 2.8 if the 3.1 is less economical and has less poke?
Highlander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjcymru wrote:
i wonder why the 3.1 is like that ? Why ditch the 2.8 if the 3.1 is less economical and has less poke?

I mentioned this to the guy I bought the 3.1 from and he had taken it to someone to see if it was ok as he had a 2.8TD previously. It is strange as I always thought "if it ain't broke don't fix it" *lol*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: