4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Brake Pedal Judder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Topper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 13:07    Post subject: Brake Pedal Judder Reply with quote

Hi all, just found this Isuzu comunity and hope that someone can answer my question.

I have a '93 Trooper Citation with LPG conversion and recently I have been experencing a problem with the brakes. When the car is stationary and the brake pedal is depressed there is a juddering that comes up through the pedal along with a whiny pulsating sound like a pump working. When I remove the ABS fuse this stops the problem but leaves the ABS light on, which will cause the car to fail its MOT that is already overdue.

My brother and someone on the phone this morning said it may be the sensors. Does anyone here know what this problem is and how can I go about rectifying it? If it is the sensors, how do I find where they are and what do I do to get it sorted?

Much appreciated if someone can help me out with this.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 13:07    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Grandad

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 0:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

ideally and also the quickest way to find the fault is to have the EBCU read by a "Tech 1 code reader" or equivalent most garages have some electronic diagnostic tool
for what it costs it can save a lot of time vauxhall or isuzu MD`s should be able to diagnose the problem in 5minutes
Topper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply.

The only EBCU I know of is the European Beer Consumers Union.

You will have to talk to me in laymans terms so I can understand.

Do you know of a good place that I can take it? I am near Sheringham.

Anyway that I can save money is appreciated.

Cheers
THE QUIET ONE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 18:53    Post subject: Re: Brake Pedal Judder Reply with quote

Topper wrote:
Hi all, just found this Isuzu comunity and hope that someone can answer my question.

I have a '93 Trooper Citation with LPG conversion and recently I have been experencing a problem with the brakes. When the car is stationary and the brake pedal is depressed there is a juddering that comes up through the pedal along with a whiny pulsating sound like a pump working. When I remove the ABS fuse this stops the problem but leaves the ABS light on, which will cause the car to fail its MOT that is already overdue.

My brother and someone on the phone this morning said it may be the sensors. Does anyone here know what this problem is and how can I go about rectifying it? If it is the sensors, how do I find where they are and what do I do to get it sorted?

Much appreciated if someone can help me out with this.

itsnt that the abs working
1 b4 going to garage check ur discs c if they are warpped  or cracked or any other damage
2 another poss is that u might ave a warped wheel or outa balance

mk1 2.8 ex skippy
mu 3.1 xs turbo
bendy bus
SCUM RUN 2010
Topper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it is definitely the ABS pulsing but it is doing it while stationary.

The discs were replaced last year in Italy and I am pretty sure the wheels are ok as it does it with the spare on front too, in fact I am pretty sure it would do it if the wheels were off too.

I am fairly sure that the sensor is being read incorrectly and therefor making the brakes pump but I have no idea how to clean/check them as I don't know where they are.
markymoan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 19:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

The quiet one has the dealer workshop manual if i remember rightly.
Odds on he's have a good read and post the results  Wink

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he would be so good as to do that I would be well chuffed!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: