All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

rear fog light failed mot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soretoez

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 15:45    Post subject: rear fog light failed mot Reply with quote

hi guys I need dome advice for what to do, The wifes 94 bighorn failed it's mot yesterday for "rear fog lamp tell tale not working [1.3.1b]" but as far as I can work out from looking in the hand book they don't have one in the dash clocks only the one in the rear fog light button which works fine. The reason i'm asking is should I ring vosa to complain and maybe appeal against it, take the original hand book to him to show there isn't one in the dash itself or jerry rig a separate light into the dash somewhere any help would be gratefully received thank you.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 15:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

griffter

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 15:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

they had one fitted when imported from jap land and yes it needs to work.
soretoez

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 16:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi griffter thanks for the quick reply where in the clocks is the tell tale positioned then because this our 4th mot and the only time the fog light has ever failed mot was cos water had got in and rotted the bulb holder in the lamp itself we've never had a failiure on the tell tale before has anyone got a picture of a 94 3.1 diesel dash with a rear fog light tell tale lamp.
griffter

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 18:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not in the clocks cause its after market my switch just has a red light thats come on when switched is pulled on
griffter

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 18:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

if they failed it cause there is no telltale on dash they are wrong as long as telltale works on button when operated if so go back there and tell em not to be *beep* and give me a mot cert!!!
soretoez

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi griffter thanks again i thought it didn't have one in the clocks, The light on the button works a treat ours is yellow or green though think maybe because it's ment for front fogs which we don't have fitted but it all works as it should.
I got a few little bits to sort for mot when i take it back i'll take the handbook to prove it hasn't got one in the actual clocks you'd have thought that living in south wales the land of troopers and fourtraks they'd know about jap imports. Thanks again for the advice
drinksoptional

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

tell him look at the fricking light if its on then there is a good chance the fog light is on what a pratt.
soretoez

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I think he was pee'd of cos he couldn't fail it big style only other failure was a blowing exhaust where the rear pipe has detached itself from the centre box lol. also got no advisories for next year.
drinksoptional

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 14:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

He must of been to a E.U advisory course
soretoez

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i think he failed it under the rules gonna take it back on monday if he still refuses i'll set vosa on him, and appeal against it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: